Kudos to Quadratec!!!!

Maybe some people call and sound like assholes. :thinking: Not saying that is the case with what happened here ^^^. ;) Just sharing my experience(s). I got my WARN winch in a two days. Ordered my synth line....they said it would ship out FREE next day and take between 5-7 business days. Seems fair to me. :yup:

The shipping of 5-7 days is pretty standard across MOST companies that actually ship. If you want it sooner, pay up.

I ordered online, I didn't call. Maybe that was the difference. Maybe if I would have called their rep would have told me different than what their shipping page in the checkout did. I can't really say.

I'm aware that 5-7 day shipping is pretty standard and is what I expected was the" free shipping" that was advertised. When I checked out online, the shipping page said the 5-7 day ground shipping was $25 extra and the "free shipping" was gonna take almost 2 weeks. Maybe it would have not actually taken that long but that is what the page said and what my expectations were based on which was unacceptable.

Many of you have had great experiences with quadratec and I think thats awesome and I'm not trying to take anything away from that. I personally was unhappy and so I posted my experience.

In the future if you're going to critique one of my posts, all i ask is that you actually read what I posted first in its entirety before you comment... It'll save me from having to type things twice as I've done here:thumb:

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I ordered online, I didn't call. Maybe that was the difference. Maybe if I would have called their rep would have told me different than what their shipping page in the checkout did. I can't really say.

I'm aware that 5-7 day shipping is pretty standard and is what I expected was the" free shipping" that was advertised. When I checked out online, the shipping page said the 5-7 day ground shipping was $25 extra and the "free shipping" was gonna take almost 2 weeks, I'm sorry but that's not acceptable.

Many of you have had great experiences with quadratec and I think thats awesome and I'm not trying to take anything away from that. I personally was unhappy and so I posted my experience.

In the future if you're going to critique one of my posts, all i ask is that you actually read what I posted first in its entirety before you comment... It'll save me from having to type things twice as I've done here:thumb:

I read and re read your posts. I'm still not understanding how you are unhappy with a free service from a company that is based on the other side of the US.

In case you don't know, Standard Ground shipping means that FEDEX drives it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Pretty sure I read it right. You can get free shipping, as promised. Or, if so inclined, you could pay $25 and get the stuff between 3 and 7 days faster than with the free shipping. The point is, you could get free shipping just like they promised. Now, if they had said "free overnight shipping" then I could see your point. Just because you don't think their free shipping is fast enough, that doesn't mean that they lied to you or misled you in some way.

JAGS

Hooked
I read and re read your posts. I'm still not understanding how you are unhappy with a free service from a company that is based on the other side of the US.

Pretty sure I read it right. You can get free shipping, as promised. Or, if so inclined, you could pay $25 and get the stuff between 3 and 7 days faster than with the free shipping. The point is, you could get free shipping just like they promised. Now, if they had said "free overnight shipping" then I could see your point. Just because you don't think their free shipping is fast enough, that doesn't mean that they lied to you or misled you in some way.

I concur with you both as well. :D

Not sure what I needed to re-read as I pretty much covered it in my previous post. I'd also add it doesn't hurt to jump on the phone or email if making a big purchase or have questions. Then you get a contact name and you because a name as well instead of just an order number. :thumb:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug

I'm aware that 5-7 day shipping is pretty standard and is what I expected was the" free shipping" that was advertised. When I checked out online, the shipping page said the 5-7 day ground shipping was $25 extra and the "free shipping" was gonna take almost 2 weeks. Maybe it would have not actually taken that long but that is what the page said and what my expectations were based on which was unacceptable.

I just did a sample order with the two items Mr. Devil ordered. I received Standard Shipping for ($0) or Fedex Ground ($20.99). I am also confused. What is the beef with that? I would recommend that if you had some REAL issue, bring it up then. Otherwise, stop trying to shit on this thread with some insignificant objection to how good Quadratec is.

This thread has really got me to thinking and looking at Quadratec a lot more. I thank the OP for this thread. A good one.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I just did a sample order with the two items Mr. Devil ordered. I received Standard Shipping for ($0) or Fedex Ground ($20.99). I am also confused. What is the beef with that? I would recommend that if you had some REAL issue, bring it up then. Otherwise, stop trying to shit on this thread with some insignificant objection to how good Quadratec is.

This thread has really got me to thinking and looking at Quadratec a lot more. I thank the OP for this thread. A good one.

Totally different issue, but be aware that you will pay sales tax on Q-Tec purchases in Nevada since they ship from a warehouse in Sparks. Not always a big deal, but on large dollar purchases the tax can add up. ;)

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Totally different issue, but be aware that you will pay sales tax on Q-Tec purchases in Nevada since they ship from a warehouse in Sparks. Not always a big deal, but on large dollar purchases the tax can add up. ;)

Agree, I saw the taxes there. But still, a good please that certainly competes with other local part dealers, right?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Agree, I saw the taxes there. But still, a good please that certainly competes with other local part dealers, right?

Yes, and if you call them I bet they will work with you on the price.

Seriously though, I'd call Trail Jeeps first to see if they can get what you want.

Wasn't referring to you Sharkey, was referring to Jags. I do a lot of online shopping and most places i buy stuff from ship for free and usually have it to me within a couple of days. I guess i just feel 2 weeks for ground shipping is absurd

I also had 2 D-rings which I failed to mention and I'm not "shitting" on this thread. I, like you, read through this thread and because of the good words decided to make a purchase from them today. "My" particular experience didn't quite jive with what everyone else had said. I felt mislead so i posted what my experience and displeasure was. The fact that several of you felt the need to challenge what I posted is the only reason we're still discussing this and it's gotten way more attention that not ever needed to get. I should have been able to say my piece and that be it.

As is stated in previous posts, I'm glad that many of you have had such good experiences with this company and i do hope they continue. Having a good relationship with someone you do business with occasionally is a good thing and provides confidence for future purchases. I just wish I could've said the same

Just so its known, a guranteed "7 days or less" shipping for $25 does not mean that the free shipping will take longer than 7 days. You just dont get the gurantee. It may show up in 3 days....

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Wasn't referring to you Sharkey, was referring to Jags. I do a lot of online shopping and most places i buy stuff from ship for free and usually have it to me within a couple of days. I guess i just feel 2 weeks for ground shipping is absurd

I also had 2 D-rings which I failed to mention and I'm not "shitting" on this thread. I, like you, read through this thread and because of the good words decided to make a purchase from them today. "My" particular experience didn't quite jive with what everyone else had said. I felt mislead so i posted what my experience and displeasure was. The fact that several of you felt the need to challenge what I posted is the only reason we're still discussing this and it's gotten way more attention that not ever needed to get. I should have been able to say my piece and that be it.

As is stated in previous posts, I'm glad that many of you have had such good experiences with this company and i do hope they continue. Having a good relationship with someone you do business with occasionally is a good thing and provides confidence for future purchases. I just wish I could've said the same

If it's not in stock and they are waiting on the MFG it's not absurd. They could be waiting on a shipment to fill inventory.

Rivertoys

Quadratec has the best customer service. Pleased to see this thread, as I JUST had a great experience myself....

It was noticed on my Mojave Road trip a week ago that one of my Bilstein 5100s was leaking. I still had the original order confirm email from October 2012 in a folder. I simply replied to it, stated one of the shocks in the order below was leaking, and asked what warrantee process was. Got a nearly immediate reply confirm which shock it was, and a confirm the next morning that they already shipped the replacement. They emailed me a shipping label to return the leaking one as well. I got the new one Tuesday, and send the old one back yesterday. It could not have been simpler! I credit both Quadratec and Bilstein for this smooth process. :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
Quadratec has the best customer service. Pleased to see this thread, as I JUST had a great experience myself....

It was noticed on my Mojave Road trip a week ago that one of my Bilstein 5100s was leaking. I still had the original order confirm email from October 2012 in a folder. I simply replied to it, stated one of the shocks in the order below was leaking, and asked what warrantee process was. Got a nearly immediate reply confirm which shock it was, and a confirm the next morning that they already shipped the replacement. They emailed me a shipping label to return the leaking one as well. I got the new one Tuesday, and send the old one back yesterday. It could not have been simpler! I credit both Quadratec and Bilstein for this smooth process. :thumb:

Wow, that is pretty cool to do that basically no questions asked. :thumb:

Tombstone

Quadratec

I am new to this WAL Forum, But have been on other forums for awhile, Quadratec has always taken care of me, Rick is their main guy to deal with and he is an avid jeeper too. As far as "D-Rings" I always use Tulsa Chain , You can get a much higher quality chain and rigging equipment with a much higher rating than any of the stuff the any of the Off Road Jeep stores can. I used them at Edison when I was there. But anyway with Quadratec use Rick as your contact and he will take good care of you ......

spicoli

very cool. I know a lot of people online hate on Quadratec, probably because they are so huge, but they have always looked after me with customer service.

Are you still needing a hook? I have one you can have, just supply a shipping label or reimburse me for shipping it to you. I'm in Washington. It's brand new never used or mounted.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454089366.334233.jpg

Sudz

no issues with Qtec - I always do the online chat and check stock first. Parts always arrive after one full business day. :beer:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
very cool. I know a lot of people online hate on Quadratec, probably because they are so huge, but they have always looked after me with customer service.

Are you still needing a hook? I have one you can have, just supply a shipping label or reimburse me for shipping it to you. I'm in Washington. It's brand new never used or mounted.

View attachment 184936

I will most likely reuse my old hook but if I decide not to or if it looks really bad after this winter I will keep you in mind.

Tombstone

Just a word of caution , about hooks, only use hooks with a closing latch. This is a ANSI standard, also have the hook with the open side up, 99% of failures the hook will go toward the closed side which would be (the ground). This is a good practice to get into.....

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Yes i use amazon and no it's not the same. Maybe you didn't read my post closely enough. Yes most vendors on amazon offer free shipping which takes about 7 days. The 7 day shipping option from quadratec was $25 extra. Their free shipping which would be comparable to amazon would take up to 2 weeks, not 7 days. I could have just bought it off amazon and saved $25 and had it in the same amount of time.

Free ground shipping is free ground shipping. It shouldn't be "hey just pay us extra money and we'll still ship it ground, we'll just make sure we do it sooner". Why even advertise free shipping then? Kind of a lousy policy if you ask me.

If you ordered today, the 9th is 1 week and two days. Not two weeks.

Either wait the time or pay extra money.

TJ4fun

I purchased a set of CJ mirrors from Qudratec and received two passenger side mirrors and arms. Called Quadratec, he asked for my order number and asked what was wrong, I told him and before I could make another comment, he said the drivers side mirror assembly would be sent to me in a couple of days. a few days later the correct part was delivered. I have always been impressed with Quadratec and have purchased a lot of items from them. My largest purchase was a sail cloth soft top for my TJ, Iv had it on my jeep for 5 month or so...and love it. This premium top is very quite and fits great.

Top Bottom