Largest tire size for Dana 30

hhunter050

You certainly are......not even aired down and with no winch. I can't believe you would even hit those kinds of trails on Dana 30, thats just crazy :cheesy:

Gotta love the English language. Always manipulating people into thinking things.

Danger

There is something to be said for wheeling with stock parts first. I got my first truck at 15. Now I'm 42 and it took me years to move up to bigger and better parts. All I'm saying is knowing your truck and what it's capable of is a good thing. Learning how to wheel with stock parts will help you in the long run. Just my opinion .

hhunter050

There is something to be said for wheeling with stock parts first. I got my first truck at 15. Now I'm 42 and it took me years to move up to bigger and better parts. All I'm saying is knowing your truck and what it's capable of is a good thing. Learning how to wheel with stock parts will help you in the long run. Just my opinion .

Great advice. I couldn't agree more.

05Jeeper

I had 35's on my previous '10 JK with D30's and it seemed to handle them well and rode like a dream. Although I didn't get a chance to wheel much while I had it. I really miss that ride.

David1tontj

Well I exaggerated my wheeling the shit out of so I'll take the blame but I will have to say it has gone through a lot more then I ever would have thought. Also still running stock gears. Waiting on them to give also. I know it could be extremely bad if on the trails and anything blows but I'm a gambler and a risk taker so I'll let y'all know when this shit gives way.

When someone says wheeling the shit out of it.... I think this... Mel wade #4451 in his street legal jk during KOH qualifiers.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428714042.095659.jpg

I didn't even consider it "wheeling the shit out of it" when I took my trailer up a few trails recently.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428714388.981617.jpg

Try something like that with your 30 and see how it ends up.

JK2DR

Only on 33s, stock gearing and open diff. Doing an easy trail when this happened. Less then 9,000 miles. I dont plan on going any bigger in size untill i get rid of the d30

Attachments

• 1428714504323.jpg
    1428714504323.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 191

hhunter050

When someone says wheeling the shit out of it.... I think this... Mel wade #4451 in his street legal jk during KOH qualifiers.

View attachment 136520

I didn't even consider it "wheeling the shit out of it" when I took my trailer up a few trails recently.
View attachment 136521

Try something like that with your 30 and see how it ends up.

Alright man I've already said I exaggerated. If you enjoy beating me into the ground for not spending everybit of money I have on my jeep I'm sorry. I'm 19 years old living at home goin to college with a mediocre job. My rig is coming together slowly but surely but until it does I fail in comparison to your 1ton axle tj.

07JKSahara

Alright man I've already said I exaggerated. If you enjoy beating me into the ground for not spending everybit of money I have on my jeep I'm sorry. I'm 19 years old living at home goin to college with a mediocre job. My rig is coming together slowly but surely but until it does I fail in comparison to your 1ton axle tj.

I've got to agree. He said his mea culpa, we all exaggerate. We all have a budget to adhere to as well. I say it's water under the bridge.

CrazyDuck

Hey everyone has the own opinions. We all have our horror stories and our times of glory. Everyone has told me that a locked dana 35 on 35's won't hold no matter what you do to it.

I guess I'm the one odd ball cause I truly beat on my jeep, running trails just about every weekend. Now before you bash me. No I haven't ran the rubicon or moab. So maybe by your definition I'm a small time wheeler

David1tontj

I'm sorry man. I came back after a couple other posts. Not trying to beat you down- just making the point that everyone's idea of hard is different.

I would do the same thing you are doing- wheel it until it breaks- then upgrade it. That seems to be the only way I get upgrades is to break it first.

Nice jeep for a 19 year old!!

hhunter050

I'm sorry man. I came back after a couple other posts. Not trying to beat you down- just making the point that everyone's idea of hard is different.

I would do the same thing you are doing- wheel it until it breaks- then upgrade it. That seems to be the only way I get upgrades is to break it first.

Nice jeep for a 19 year old!!

Thanks man I've worked my ass off to get it where it is. It's glory days are coming.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have a d30 stock and I'm running 37s no problem and I wheel the shit out of mine. It's hard to break an axle so unless you are jumping your jeep you shouldn't have to worry about breaking anything for a long time.

I'm sorry fellas. I know I'm riding a thin line. What I should've said is I'm running 37s on a stock d30 cause I'm waiting on it to break. My grandpa always said if it ain't broke don't fix it and I live by that! Anyways definition of wheeling the shit out of is some weekend rock crawling. So basically a bit more than the average "trail rider".

I baby mine on the trails. I should've said I wheel pretty hard to be riding on a stock d30 and 37s. Not trying to stir up anything and yes I gave bad advice. Try your hardest not to have 37s with a stock d30

Talk about going full circle. So what you're really saying is you are a weekend warrior who wheels in the southeast once in a while. Hardly "wheeling the shit out of it."

hhunter050

Talk about going full circle. So what you're really saying is you are a weekend warrior who wheels in the southeast once in a while. Hardly "wheeling the shit out of it."

Basically didn't think that the "wheeling the shit out of" term would get this much attention but we all learn from our mistakes lol

Top Bottom