Laser pistol with target training...anybody?

USMCvet

Banned
I love my Kimber 1911. Flawless craftsmanship easy to disassemble and great customer support. The .40 variant is nice as well but I'm partial to the .45 acp.

I agree on the .45 aspect. I've never been a fan of the .40. I did replace the guide rod in my Kimber and went to the one piece that uses the disassembly tool as opposed to the "bent paper clip" one. For me it makes it a bit easier to strip. I put a set of Stag grips on it and man, not only does it shoot great, it looks great.

Spudcannons

I agree on the .45 aspect. I've never been a fan of the .40. I did replace the guide rod in my Kimber and went to the one piece that uses the disassembly tool as opposed to the "bent paper clip" one. For me it makes it a bit easier to strip. I put a set of Stag grips on it and man, not only does it shoot great, it looks great.

Mine came with the one piece I have been looking for some stag or mammoth grips where did you get yours?
Have you done any ar15 mods or own an ar10?

USMCvet

Banned
Mine came with the one piece I have been looking for some stag or mammoth grips where did you get yours?
Have you done any ar15 mods or own an ar10?

An old timer gunsmith I know from PA. He gets the Stag material from Europe once a year and then makes the grips.

big dr

I agree with a lot of what has been said here and would just add a few things. Like the Glock or not,,, It is the gun you should carry if you aren't going to practice as much as you should with a more complicated gun,, IE: single/double action, safety, hammer, decock.

I also agree the HK .45 is one of the nicer/smoother shooting of its kind, and you pay for that quality.

I would not carry a 1911 for personal carry/defense. They are big, heavy, and uncomfortable,,, and unless you buy the stupid expensive ones,, I don't trust the tolerance variations to make it a reliable weapon. The Kimber, les B, and the wilson combat are good examples of quality.

And,, as previously stated,, Practice,,X's 1000!!!

For me personally,, most of the time I carry a Walther PPS .40. It is comfortable on the hip and has the stopping power i want. I learned long ago,, if it aint comfortable, I tend not to wear it.

Top Bottom