Least modifications to fit 35s?

Tackerdown

Banned
Lol my bad the lift was pucs 2.5 front 2" rear. and 1.5 wheel spacers. It dawned on me why you asked after you sent the text Mark and that pic is from a distance so 35' looks smaller. :D

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tackerdown

Banned
I should add that these are 315 70 17 and for some reason i haven't had to trim anything except for the front air dam.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using WAYALIFE mobile app

xtremefx4

I'm running day stars 1.75 spacer lift with 35 and cut flares. Not much rubbing. Ive been running this set up for a year now with no problems!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1386647339208.jpg
    1386647339208.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 423
  • 1386647448008.jpg
    1386647448008.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 420

TrailBear

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1388384616.223472.jpg
Here's a pic of a 35" toyo stuffed with just a levelling kit and spacers, I have only trimmed the inside edge of the fender, you can see if I do the full trim it shouldn't rub to much

davantalus

Ok here's my current checklist:

Done - Trimmed Fenders
Done - Rubi Rails (Trimmed 2inches)
Done - Pinch seam (Lucky, trimmed from factory)
Done - AEV Tuner (ordered anyway)
Done - Wheel Spacers (1.5" installed)
Todo - Front Coil Spacers (sitting on my work bench)
Todo - Trim front bumper​

Am I forgetting anything?

Hack12

Am I forgetting anything?

Gussets for your axle knuckles and a stronger tire carrier for your spare would be ideal.

Obviously, the tire carrier would only apply if you actually run a spare. However, the gussets are pretty important for someone running 35's or bigger. Even on pavement you can damage your JK's axle knuckles quite easily with larger tires. Gussets are totally worth every cent of their cheap price tag!

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-AXLEGUSSETS

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Gussets for your axle knuckles and a stronger tire carrier for your spare would be ideal.

Obviously, the tire carrier would only apply if you actually run a spare. However, the gussets are pretty important for someone running 35's or bigger. Even on pavement you can damage your JK's axle knuckles quite easily with larger tires. Gussets are totally worth every cent of their cheap price tag!

http://www.offroadevolution.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=EVO-AXLEGUSSETS

What's wrong with the factory tire carrier?

newtdog

What's wrong with the factory tire carrier?

X2.....If you buy an aftermarket rim with more back spacing you'll be fine. If you run the stock rim, you'll probably need a tire extension.

I ran one just like this back in the day.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1398135855.116587.jpg
It's made by MBRP

2010 MANGO TANGO SPORT JKU🇺🇸

Hack12

Ahh, never knew that. I always thought anything larger than 33's required a stronger tire carrier. Thanks.

So, how about the 3rd brake light? Would you also need an extension for that in addition to the spacer bracket?

TheStick

X2 I'm running 35s on stock wheels and currently using the expedition one spacer.

I chopped the 3rd break light and haven't gotten around to adding one yet. I'm thinking maybe one of the ones that hook up to the center of the wheel.

xtremefx4

I have 35 mounted on the factory tire carrier for over a year with no problems. You really don't need to do anything to fit it on. Oh the time is the stock rubicon one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

davantalus

Thanks for remembering the spare situation guys.

My buddy gave me an adapter for the stock carrier... but I'll investigate whether the tire fits without it first. I'm running bumperless, so that's a good start, I figure I may have to trim the bumpstops?

An eVo or GR carrier is next on the list of bottomless purchases.

Hack12

nope just bolt up the spare. you want the tire to be snug/firm agaisnt the rubber tailgate bumpstop things.

Now that you mention it, since installing my new wheels, my bump-stops aren't even close to the tire rubber anymore. I am running the 15x10 Fuel Revolvers with a -43 offset and approx. 3.5" of backspacing. There's a good inch of separation between the bump-stop and tire now.

My carrier has been fine, isn't loose, and doesn't rattle. I've been running it this way for about 6 months now.

Will I be okay leaving it like this or do they sell some kind of spacers that you would recommend?

Top Bottom