Least modifications to fit 35s?

Now that you mention it, since installing my new wheels, my bump-stops aren't even close to the tire rubber anymore. I am running the 15x10 Fuel Revolvers with a -43 offset and approx. 3.5" of backspacing. There's a good inch of separation between the bump-stop and tire now.

My carrier has been fine, isn't loose, and doesn't rattle. I've been running it this way for about 6 months now.

Will I be okay leaving it like this or do they sell some kind of spacers that you would recommend?

you can get the daystar bump stops for $15. they are longer than stock and might fit

With the mbrp bracket, it is really out too far from the original bumpstops. I put in the daystars, and they barely reach. So I made a bottom bump stop out of aluminum.
1398199282578.jpg
Here is the mbrp with relocated license plate and 3rd brake light
1398199344512.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

you can get the daystar bump stops for $15. they are longer than stock and might fit

Good stuff, thanks!

With the mbrp bracket, it is really out too far from the original bumpstops. I put in the daystars, and they barely reach. So I made a bottom bump stop out of aluminum.
View attachment 80023
View attachment 80024

Great idea. This may be the route I have to go with how little backspacing I have.

View attachment 80023
View attachment 80024

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ya, I have the same mbrp bracket. I also used the daystars and don't think they do that much with my 35 trail grappler. It still seems to bounce. I was thinking of modifying 2 more daystars and some how attaching them lower on the tire. I like your idea. Also, what brand is that license plate/tail light relocation kit? I like it.

Daystar makes some tailgate bumpstops. I'm running a 35 on 4.75 BS and didn't need to trim the daystar's.... mine are the newest version and I feel they are a bit soft to be considered useful. one tore off from the hard plastic that has the nipple on it, that is supposed to simply "screw" into the factory bump stop holes. I got creative and repaired it with rtv and conduit tape. Niether simply screwed in to the holes, I had to remove a bit of the matetial, wasn't hard, just a heads up. Prior to these I had kind of rigged up my own using the stock ones and a extra foam bumpstop electrical taped together. While it got the job done, it wasn't pretty, but I think it made for a much firmer pressure point, and I may revisit making my own again.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff- I have the daystars tailgate bumpstops - they barely reach with the mbrp bracket and a stock rim. You need the mbrp to move the tire up, but I wish it didn't move it out as much as it does :(

09blackruby- page 9 of my build thread shows how I welded the license plate bracket I made to the mbrp. Rockhard I believe makes a bracket that does the same thing as what I made.
Oro is the 3rd brake/license plate light I used.

Daystar makes some tailgate bumpstops. I'm running a 35 on 4.75 BS and didn't need to trim the daystar's.... mine are the newest version and I feel they are a bit soft to be considered useful. one tore off from the hard plastic that has the nipple on it, that is supposed to simply "screw" into the factory bump stop holes. I got creative and repaired it with rtv and conduit tape. Niether simply screwed in to the holes, I had to remove a bit of the matetial, wasn't hard, just a heads up. Prior to these I had kind of rigged up my own using the stock ones and a extra foam bumpstop electrical taped together. While it got the job done, it wasn't pretty, but I think it made for a much firmer pressure point, and I may revisit making my own again.

Sent from my LG-D800 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Agree. Mine were very soft and I couldn't screw them in they just tore. I ended up cutting them to the correct length and gorilla glueing them to the factory bump stop. While the glue and factory bump stop worked well and looked great, they are so soft I'm not sure they do much.

I don't think anyone makes one that is plug n play. I ran an additional wire thru the factory loom, inside to the passenger taillight- white wire with purple strip is the parking light hot for the license plate light.
The white wire at factory third brake light is the hot wire for led brake light. Black wire is the ground.

I have 35 mounted on the factory tire carrier for over a year with no problems. You really don't need to do anything to fit it on. Oh the time is the stock rubicon one.
1) What tire were you running?
2) How much backspace do your wheels have?
2) Did you remove or cut your spare tire dampeners?
3) Did you remove your tailgate hinge plastic fascia?
3) Did you trim your center taillight stem?

Lest anyone else hope to try this... it doesn't work for me with 35" Trail Grapplers. I had to add my extension and raise the center tail light with some zip-ties.

Top Bottom