LED headlights

shortyokc

i have had my jw speaker evolution j headlights since january and love them. i like that it is just plug and play, no adapter harness or flicker harness is needed and have never had issues flickering at all. i was originally going to buy the trucklites but decided not to after i drove several customer vehicles with them. luckily i had a gift card work gave me for a bonus that i was able to purchase with so the price was not a factor.

I am running Truck Lites on my second JK...love them. IMHO the JW Speaker ones are butt ugly. Never had a problem with Truck-Lite, and I love the light output. I live in the desert, so no need for the heated ones, which I think are more of a gimmick. When I lived up north, I never had an issue.

Calebrink

Have the JW headlights. Love them. People always flash me thinking my brights are on. Here's a pic of mine in. Might be ugly in some people's opinion. But as far as I know they have the highest lumen, did when I got them anyways. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472756062.914232.jpg

Last edited:

swampdog

Have the JW headlights. Love them. People always flash me thinking my brights are on. Here's a pic of mine in. Might be ugly in some people's opinion. But as far as I know they have the highest lumen, did when I got them anyways. View attachment 220782

People are probably flashing you bc you don't have them aimed right. I never get flashed with my JW's.

Spend 10 minutes and do the rest of drivers a favor and adjust your lights. You shouldn't encounter this.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Have the JW headlights. Love them. People always flash me thinking my brights are on. Here's a pic of mine in. Might be ugly in some people's opinion. But as far as I know they have the highest lumen, did when I got them anyways. View attachment 220782

People are probably flashing you bc you don't have them aimed right. I never get flashed with my JW's.

Spend 10 minutes and do the rest of drivers a favor and adjust your lights. You shouldn't encounter this.

I second that. Swampdog has JWs. I never got flashed with my Trucklites. Your lights must be improperly aimed.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Definitely need to aim them properly. Being projectors with the nice beam cut off makes adjusting them easy. I park behind our car about 20-25 feet and use that to aim them.

swampdog

Definitely need to aim them properly. Being projectors with the nice beam cut off makes adjusting them easy. I park behind our car about 20-25 feet and use that to aim them.

The light cutoff should be 36" above the ground with the headlights 25' away. Your way would probably get you reasonably close.

Maybe I'm missing this somewhere, but how exactly do you adjust your headlights, is it just a matter of tightening and loosening that ring around the headlight?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Maybe I'm missing this somewhere, but how exactly do you adjust your headlights, is it just a matter of tightening and loosening that ring around the headlight?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472835884.033017.jpg

At about the ten o'clock position is a silver torx screw. The size is T15, if I remember correctly. On the opposite side, it is at the two o'clock position.

Top Bottom