Let’s see your Fire Extinguisher Mounts

zimm

Caught the Bug
When a fellow keeper went up in flames on our last ride due to too much swamp grass packed into his exhaust (jeep renegade trail hawk), I grabbed my extinguisher and pulled the pin. Even at $45 I was hesitant to pull the trigger when another member had a much larger 5 pounder. I let him put it out, have a free dinner, and put my extinguisher back. $160 for a halotron? I'd let that renegade burn.

View attachment 309777

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Thought this was a pretty well timed Instagram post...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180903-185105.jpg
    Screenshot_20180903-185105.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 308

JK07

Thanks for the thread and reminder, took less than 5 minutes to swap out my MagLite mount for the 2.5lb extinguisher mount. Also ordered a halotron unit by Amerex to upgrade my main unit. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Mounting the extinguisher in the rear of the Jeep is all well and good until you need it in a hurry. The last thing you want to do in an emergency is have to fumble around getting to the extinguisher, especially if you're packed full of gear in the back. IMHO any extinguisher not accessible from the drivers seat is not in the right spot. Trust me, I speak from experience. When my Tcase grenaded on the highway and the whole underside of Gruff was on fire from the fluid, having the extinguisher on the side of the seat where I could grab it and put the flames out in a few seconds was the difference between a few toasted wires vs who know how much more damage. Hell, it probably would have burnt down if I didn't even have an extinguisher :crazyeyes:

View attachment 309742

Wow! Yeah I think it’s time to relocate mine.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
^^^What Jags said.... I Bought both an extinguisher and a separate metal bracket (comes with the cheap plastic one) from home depot. Only had to drill one hole in the bracket and used 2 existing holes in the seat frame. I like this setup because I can have it out and ready in seconds.

View attachment 309723

View attachment 309724

Yup, just like that and super easy!

Sadly, I still need to find a spot in my JL that is nearest the driver. There is not enough gap between the door/seat. Thinking possibly in the front.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Yup, just like that and super easy!

Sadly, I still need to find a spot in my JL that is nearest the driver. There is not enough gap between the door/seat. Thinking possibly in the front.

Hmm.. bummer. I figured there would be more room in the JL because when I sat in one the seat felt higher up... The Seat frame and door panel must be closer together though... I couldn’t put my mine in front of the JK seat because I chose to have a lockbox there.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
You don't need to mount it. Keep a 2.5 pounder on the side of the driver's seat. It's never moved out of place. More importantly, it's easy to grab AFTER you exit the jeep. Back roll bar seems useless to me unless you run topless.

I like the AMEREX version over Kiddie or First Alert. Metal valve and heavy duty mounting bracket.

View attachment 309773

That’s how I’ve had it for over two years! Lol was always easy to get out until the one time I needed it, of course [emoji52]

TC1201JK

I like it there. There’s no rattle, easy to get to and out of the way handle for less chance of accidental discharge. I can’t move the seat forward to access the back seat (JK) but since I pulled the back seat out the day I bought it that’s not a concern for me.

Top Bottom