Let’s see your Fire Extinguisher Mounts

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Where are the two door folks mounting them? I had it on the rear roll bar but that’s not easy to get to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I saw a picture online the other day and someone mounted one to the center of the rockhard harness bar in between the seats. When I take my back seat out for good I think I’m gonna go that route

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Where are the two door folks mounting them? I had it on the rear roll bar but that’s not easy to get to.

I saw a picture online the other day and someone mounted one to the center of the rockhard harness bar in between the seats. When I take my back seat out for good I think I’m gonna go that route

Here is my not so professional drawling. Use of this photo will cost $5 for every share
IMG_9881.JPG

TrailHunter

Hooked
I ended up with mine mounted there on a cheap metal mount from Home Depot but the head flipped towards the front. Long story short the pin fell out, my boot tapped it, extinguisher went off in the jeep... hilarious now but frustrating at the time...

Damn... that sucks... Was the nozzle pointing up or down? I have mine facing forward nozzle down and I’ve never hit it with my foot... actually did a trial run this weekend when my buddies Jeep started smoking.... had it out a ready to go in seconds....

When I bought the extinguisher the metal pin was really loose.. I was able to attach it in a manner that requires a little force to get it out. Maybe just refine it a little. After the scare yesterday, I still think its a good spot to keep it.

Brute

Hooked
On the JK6, I put one on each side of each seat (in case of a flop on the side and can't open a door)...in the Brute, behind the rear seat one on each side on the roll bar...

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
So far, my pins stayed in. I reversed it with the nozzle towards the back so it won’t get bumped as easily. Hypothetically at least

That’s the way I initially had it but it sat too far forward on my seat and was almost in the way of my boot when I got in, got frustrated and turned it around, then it went off 3 weeks later...

Now I am back to figuring out where I want to mount it...

maskale

You don't need to mount it. Keep a 2.5 pounder on the side of the driver's seat. It's never moved out of place. More importantly, it's easy to grab AFTER you exit the jeep. Back roll bar seems useless to me unless you run topless.

I like the AMEREX version over Kiddie or First Alert. Metal valve and heavy duty mounting bracket.

View attachment 309773

THIS.

I keep mine here, never moves. I have had phones and other things bounce out of the jeep but never the extinguisher.

Top Bottom