Let's beat on this dead horse I found: gears

MI jeepskate

2.5 RK MT on order. 285 70 duratracs. 2010 sport 2dr. went from 3.73 to 4.88 with a detroit locker and i absolutely love it. i DD it no issues other than speed, cant go over 75 anymore without feeling uncomfortable but i wouldnt change it at all. drives like a dream, handles like a $100K machine off road and i finally feel like ive got a big pe%&$. lol. i did research for months, bored everyone with questions and finally pulled the trigger. do the homework AND math

MilesNauticus

Being that's the case, I might recommend that you give the Rancho kit a look. It's a great kit, made in the USA and will cost a lot less than the AEV kit.

Eddie,
Would you recommend the 2" or 3" kit? I don't wanna have to worry about driveshaft, exhaust spacers, etc not until I'm ready to go bigger, much bigger.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,
Would you recommend the 2" or 3" kit? I don't wanna have to worry about driveshaft, exhaust spacers, etc not until I'm ready to go bigger, much bigger.

If you don't want to worry about drive shafts and exhaust spacers, you'll want to get a 2"-2.5" lift and make sure to get it with either shock extensions or new shocks that aren't any longer than stock or have an extended length that is no more than 2" longer than stock.

MilesNauticus

If you don't want to worry about drive shafts and exhaust spacers, you'll want to get a 2"-2.5" lift and make sure to get it with either shock extensions or new shocks that aren't any longer than stock or have an extended length that is no more than 2" longer than stock.

Yea. I meant in respect to the rancho kit you recommended over the AEV. What I meant is if I go with Rancho can I still run the 35s with the 2" kit. If not then will going with the 3" Rancho force me to get those other items I referred to? Sorry I wasn't very clear.

Mikead40

Yea. I meant in respect to the rancho kit you recommended over the AEV. What I meant is if I go with Rancho can I still run the 35s with the 2" kit. If not then will going with the 3" Rancho force me to get those other items I referred to? Sorry I wasn't very clear.

You can run 35s with a two inch kit. Flat fenders will give you more room, but it's doable regardless. As long as you're not doing anything crazy off road, you won't have to worry about drive shafts with either a 2 inch or 3 inch lift (I'm assuming you have a 4 door). Is it a good idea? Yes. Will you destroy your drive shafts with 35s and a 3inch lift if you're just doing mild to moderate off-roading...probably not. However, I would recommend the exhaust spacers regardless of what lift you install - they're a cheap (~ $40) and easy install.

This is just based off my limited experience, so ultimately I'll defer to Eddie (he's forgotten more about Jeeps than I'll ever know).
:beer:

NV375

I am running the Rancho 2" sport kit with the RS9000 shocks. I am still running stock DS it just barely clears the exhaust.
1407048996675.jpg
Sent using the WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom