lets see your 35s on 3 - 3.5 inches of lift people!

xxJWPxx

3.5" Trail Master Lift with 35's. I didn't know any better at the time and wish I had been a member here prior to getting my lift as I ended up with about 4.25" of lift, which is way too much for the budget lift I bought. I'd like to redo at some point with a better lift that would yield around 3.25 or so.

IMG_2894.jpg

HS 1.jpg

image1.jpg

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
JKS 2" lift yielding exactly 3" of actual lift, 35" BFG KM2s.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459873393.913534.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459873985.038987.jpg

Keep in mind you will likely yield more actual lift than advertised, especially on a 2 door. To get 3" of actual lift you need a pretty small lift. I'd also agree for 35s a 2.5" lift is plenty. You will keep you COG lower, which is good for both off roading and road manners. Anything more than that and you will be messing up your drive angles, etc and looking at a drag link flip to correct steering, lower adjustable front control arms to correct caster, driveshafts (both front and rear on a 2 door), not to mention a higher center of gravity. Just some things to think about.

FLKEYSJK

Looks good. Did you put spacers on the wheels, or just leave stock?

Getting any sag in the back?

Thanks, I used 1.5" spidertrax spacers, if not you couldn't even mount the rear tires because it rubbed so bad. So far I haven't noticed any sag but I have a soft top which helps.

JKool13

If you are only going to run 35"s I wouldn't go over 2.5" of lift. No need to mess up your geometry and raise your center of gravity. I'm running 35s with a 3" lift but that was all done before I became a member here so I didn't know any better. View attachment 196292

Hey man, I was wondering if you could message me and maybe explain this a little more? A lot of the guys around here are telling me to just go 3.5 metal cloak lift with 35s. I don't really understand why i shouldn't. i saw a 4 inch lift with 35s and that looked great! Not many companies make a 3 inch lift. the only one i saw was like teraflex.

jagrubb99

Hey man, I was wondering if you could message me and maybe explain this a little more? A lot of the guys around here are telling me to just go 3.5 metal cloak lift with 35s. I don't really understand why i shouldn't. i saw a 4 inch lift with 35s and that looked great! Not many companies make a 3 inch lift. the only one i saw was like teraflex.

There is a thread somewhere on here regarding problems with metal cloak control arms. I would suggest a 2.5 inch for 35s, but if you have your mind set on a 3 inch, there are plenty of company's out there that make 3 inch kits like JKS, Evo, and I believe Currie makes a 3 inch as well. One of the most reputable and one that I would suggest is the 3 inch enforcer from Evo manufacturing. Probably the most complete kit on the market with most quality parts. Then you would just need driveshafts.

EDIT: here it ishttp://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=35535

Last edited:

COLOJK

about 3? does that mean its on a 3 inch lift?

No they are actually 4" rancho springs. Last time I talked to Trail Jeeps they thought it had probably settled to about 3" but I have not measured it to find out exactly what I'm at. I should also note that Trail Jeeps didn't install the lift, it was on the Jeep when I bought it and have since gone to Trail Jeeps for the upgrades I have done.

Top Bottom