Leveling kit and 35's!!!

DP1120

Not to hijack the thread but how do all of the guys with the EVO leveling kit like it? Have you noticed any ride quality difference in it vs the stock front springs?

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Not to hijack the thread but how do all of the guys with the EVO leveling kit like it? Have you noticed any ride quality difference in it vs the stock front springs?

Personally, i think when you pair them up with Rubicon shocks. It feels pretty nice. Ive found that when you put weight on the front with the Evo Leveling kit, it makes it feel a lot better and a little more planted on the ground if that makes sense.

DP1120

Personally, i think when you pair them up with Rubicon shocks. It feels pretty nice. Ive found that when you put weight on the front with the Evo Leveling kit, it makes it feel a lot better and a little more planted on the ground if that makes sense.

Thank you for the info.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
:bleh: i didnt even put a pic up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472760707.092706.jpg
I hadnt put my winch back on at that point.
But this is the Evo Leveling kit and 35s

CarolinaJK

It's definitely a softer ride than stock to me. The Rubicon shocks seem to pair well for the highway, but I'll soon be going to 2" Rancho shocks to allow for a little more flex. Also, x2 on it riding better with weight on the front.

8POUND

EVO leveling kit on 35" KO2s. MC Overland fenders. The ride is much better than stock. Here are before and after pictures.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472761113.671268.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472761113.671268.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 412
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472761132.985835.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472761132.985835.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 417

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
It's definitely a softer ride than stock to me. The Rubicon shocks seem to pair well for the highway, but I'll soon be going to 2" Rancho shocks to allow for a little more flex. Also, x2 on it riding better with weight on the front.

FYI if your doing the rancho shocks in a 2" lift. They will be about the same length as your stock shocks. You would want the 3" shocks.

CarolinaJK

FYI if your doing the rancho shocks in a 2" lift. They will be about the same length as your stock shocks. You would want the 3" shocks.

"Front RS5326 and RS5330 for the rear. (these are what we use in our 2" lift kits)"-Dan from Rancho

Thanks! Just whatever these part numbers are is what i'll be getting.

USMC Wrangler

Agreed with all of the above. I had Rubi shocks when I first installed the EVO kit. The springs made the ride less harsh IMO. I replaced the Rubi shocks in March with Rancho 5000's. IMO, again, the Rancho's made the ride even softer.

I did only order the 0-2" Rancho's but am using a single hockey puck on all 4 corners for bumpstop extensions.

Rear hockey pucks
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472772386.035804.jpg

Front
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472772427.612830.jpg

Last edited:

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
"Front RS5326 and RS5330 for the rear. (these are what we use in our 2" lift kits)"-Dan from Rancho

Thanks! Just whatever these part numbers are is what i'll be getting.

Yeah, i got the Rancho 9ks in 26 and 28. Thats supposed to be for a 0-2" lift kit. But honestly, with the Evo coils in the front, i wish i would have done the 3" shocks up front. Look up the user IBeHeWhoIsJoshua. He ran the 2-3.5" shocks from Bilstein and said it ran well without the coils unseating.

Mikecal9985

Stupid question...when you guys say you use hockey pucks for added bump stops, you're literally using a hockey puck? Just making sure I'm understanding correctly

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks!!! So the bump stops are pretty much just so your tire doesn't rip off your fender when at full stuff? Sorry for all the questions, I'm still learning a lot

Exactly. The rubber part actually compresses so you need to set your bump stops where you want the top of the stuffed tire to be while both hard parts at the bump stop are touching each other. See lines in photo.

IMG_20160901_185252_165.jpg

You also have to account for shocks. You don't want the shock piston to bottom out while your axle still has room to travel. So with bump stop rubber fully compressed, you want to make sure shock isn't fully collapsed and tire isn't hitting fender. The right way to test this is with tires on but springs removed. Check one wheel at a time and both wheels together. It's a good idea to turn both directions as well on each side so you know where everything is with the wheels turned.

Defcon3JKU

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472783216.944700.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472783233.577024.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472783248.730870.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472783270.615418.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472783310.143362.jpg

This is a rough country spacer kit on 35s. In the flex pictures I use to scrub really bad on front bumper but with the new Evo 1/4 Pounder and rear bumper delete, no more issues.

Last edited:

Mikecal9985

Exactly. The rubber part actually compresses so you need to set your bump stops where you want the top of the stuffed tire to be while both hard parts at the bump stop are touching each other. See lines in photo.

View attachment 220831

You also have to account for shocks. You don't want the shock piston to bottom out while your axle still has room to travel. So with bump stop rubber fully compressed, you want to make sure shock isn't fully collapsed and tire isn't hitting fender. The right way to test this is with tires on but springs removed. Check one wheel at a time and both wheels together. It's a good idea to turn both directions as well on each side so you know where everything is with the wheels turned.

That was some great info buddy!!! Thank you again!!

Top Bottom