Lift advice

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Alright. Stop commenting please. Keep it respectful.

Are you the post police?

I'm trying to save you money and headache but it seems as though you are looking for that. Come back in six months and let us know how bad your jeep rides so I can say I told you so. I'll set a reminder on my calendar.

rogerk93

Overlander is telling you how it is I just installed a 4inch Currie lift and it doesn't stop just at the lift I ended up spending 10k with a good set of shocks and a bunch of must buy kits. A 4 inch comes with a whole set of requirements

Napalm

I ran a 35 inch tire with a 2inch EVO level with flat fenders.

It ran fine, and worked off road fine for the most part. It cost me about 250 and road like a champ.

Please, avoid the 4 inch lift like everyone is suggesting. We are all suggesting you steer clear for a reason and it's probably not something that you need. If you want to run a 35inch tire you have a bevy of suspension options.

I spent maybe $1600-1700 for suspension/tires.

JEEP212121

I ran a 35 inch tire with a 2inch EVO level with flat fenders.

It ran fine, and worked off road fine for the most part. It cost me about 250 and road like a champ.

Please, avoid the 4 inch lift like everyone is suggesting. We are all suggesting you steer clear for a reason and it's probably not something that you need. If you want to run a 35inch tire you have a bevy of suspension options.

I spent maybe $1600-1700 for suspension/tires.

This is the first lift I have done. That's why I am asking for advice. I do appreciate it. I was wanting to go 4 but u guys are making sense. That's why I came here first. If I get the budget boost do I also need the leveling kit?

chipper

Just an idea. Run your stock wheels for now
$2500
- $1400 tires
- $ 200 spyderlok spacers
= $900 for a lift

JES

Then it sounds like a BB is what you need. I rode on a BB for a few years with 35s. You don't lose the ride quality with it. And you can add in longer, better shocks if you care to spend the money.

I just used the shock extensions as I had planned and saved for a proper lift and setup. Do the BB with your budget, you won't be sorry. These guys are trying to show you the errors of you thinking.

chipper

I am looking to spend some money on new wheels though. The stick wheels suck

You'll use up most of your money on that. Then really a budget boost with shock extensions will be your best for a lift. Depending on what rims and tires you get you may have some $ left over to get longer shocks. Do the lift yourself and save $

JEEP212121

Then it sounds like a BB is what you need. I rode on a BB for a few years with 35s. You don't lose the ride quality with it. And you can add in longer, better shocks if you care to spend the money.

I just used the shock extensions as I had planned and saved for a proper lift and setup. Do the BB with your budget, you won't be sorry. These guys are trying to show you the errors of you thinking.

I need it. Thanks everyone. What are some good suggestions on longer and or better shocks I could add in?

JEEP212121

You'll use up most of your money on that. Then really a budget boost with shock extensions will be your best for a lift. Depending on what rims and tires you get you may have some $ left over to get longer shocks. Do the lift yourself and save $

I'm assuming BB lifts are pretty simple to do in the driveway?

Mikecal9985

You could use bilstein shock. Rancho also makes some great shocks. I'm running a Teraflex leveling kit. Sits nice and level and have plenty of room for 35's

chipper

Look into Rancho for the shocks. If you have basic skills and tools you'll have no problem. Plenty of write ups and YouTube vids to watch first.

Top Bottom