Lift question

Richbeast

It sounds like you already have a 2" lift with that Rancho kit. Is it the Sport kit? It has red front springs. It's a nice kit, I've been looking at it too. The reason I ask (& I think Eddie did too) is you don't want to go buy another kit and end up with the same amount of lift & waste money.

Maybe all you need to do is trim your fenders?

Sent from my duck blind.

And I don't think it's the sports kit. The Springs ain't red. I just got the four shocks and it came with the two front Springs(black)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still trying to decide. I'll probably be pulling the trigger by Wednesday or so. I want more lift then what I'm getting with the rancho leveling kit.

Well, depending on what kit you go with may determine where you should by from.

Richbeast

Well, depending on what kit you go with may determine where you should by from.

I know the Evo is one of the better ones. But idk exactly what I would pay for a 3in with everything that I need to get it right. Like I know they mention I would need other stuff so idk how much would the final price would be with everything together.

ScoobyCarolanNC

Nope, that's the sport kit. I thought the springs were red (they are in all the pics) It's a 2" lift that should handle 33" tires. Unless you're really looking to go bigger, like 3.5" you could probably just trim your fenders & run 35s right now.

Sent from my duck blind.

Trail JK

I know the Evo is one of the better ones. But idk exactly what I would pay for a 3in with everything that I need to get it right. Like I know they mention I would need other stuff so idk how much would the final price would be with everything together.

I'm not sure about what other stuff you'd need outside of a kit other than a driveshaft and possibly a draglink flip kit. If you're interested in EVO you should contact them for a quote. I would advise you that whoever you talk to make sure it's a reputable shop such as off-road evolution. Some of the more well known super large stores may take you in another direction with things that are not needed at this point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug

I laid out what everything should cost in a previous post. But it really depends on what shocks you go with. Also, for prices, you may want to try using the Google machine.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hey guys, it's been a while since I wrote anything. But I'm currently deploying and will be saving up to get a lift. I'm think something along the lines of a 2.5 lift or 3. I still have stock axels. My idea is to lift it and ride it till I need a new axel. I'm interested in a lift that comes with everything I need. I'll appreciate if you guys can give me some inputs.

We are against the grain within this forum, but We would recommend a 2.5" JSpec. We could put together a REALLY nice package under your $2k budget with a couple of add ons that would make for a really nice jeep

Clutch

Caught the Bug
We are against the grain within this forum, but We would recommend a 2.5" JSpec. We could put together a REALLY nice package under your $2k budget with a couple of add ons that would make for a really nice jeep

What add-ons do you recommend? Front LCA's, brakelines, front driveshaft?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

LOL!! Well of course you're against the grain within this forum. According to you, we're just a "tangle of misinformation" and you're here to correct our "bad information" by pushing a brand that you're out to benefit the most from selling. :naw:

What add-ons do you recommend? Front LCA's, brakelines, front driveshaft?

I would throw on front LCAs, a rear trackbar and trackbar brace and some rear sway bar links and then leave it be. Your driveshaft should serve you well for a while unless you're really flogging the Jeep. Spend the extra money on some nice tires and a programmer!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
What all are you hoping to do? Same as the OP?
I was mainly curious what Trail Jeeps considered were important upgrades. I'd probably piece together a kit, because I don't need/want most of the stuff in the jks kit. Also, I have the rockstar skids and want to make sure the rear springs don't fall out. Id love to go with the enforcer, but I don't want to buy 2 driveshafts and rear UCA's.

Sent from my BNTV600 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was mainly curious what Trail Jeeps considered were important upgrades. I'd probably piece together a kit, because I don't need/want most of the stuff in the jks kit. Also, I have the rockstar skids and want to make sure the rear springs don't fall out. Id love to go with the enforcer, but I don't want to buy 2 driveshafts and rear UCA's.

It can be tough running a 2-door with it's really short rear drive shaft. Based on what I'm hearing from you, I'd strongly recommend that you run a 2.5" coil spacer lift and ideally, with shock extensions or new shocks that are close to stock length. MOST coil lifts will yield way more lift that what is advertised especially on a 2-door and that will put both front and rear drive shafts in a constant state of pinch. This WILL cause your CV boots to fail sooner than later. The shock extensions or shorter shocks up front will help prevent your front drive shaft slip shaft boot from making contact with your exhaust cross over. Being that you already have Rockstars, you could just run factory length shocks and call it a day. With your coil spacers, you'd want to get new longer sway bar links and install your factory rear links up front. You will also want to extend your rear brake lines with relocation brackets.

Clutch

Caught the Bug
It can be tough running a 2-door with it's really short rear drive shaft. Based on what I'm hearing from you, I'd strongly recommend that you run a 2.5" coil spacer lift and ideally, with shock extensions or new shocks that are close to stock length. MOST coil lifts will yield way more lift that what is advertised especially on a 2-door and that will put both front and rear drive shafts in a constant state of pinch. This WILL cause your CV boots to fail sooner than later. The shock extensions or shorter shocks up front will help prevent your front drive shaft slip shaft boot from making contact with your exhaust cross over. Being that you already have Rockstars, you could just run factory length shocks and call it a day. With your coil spacers, you'd want to get new longer sway bar links and install your factory rear links up front. You will also want to extend your rear brake lines with relocation brackets.
Cool, I have done exactly what you said above already to a T. I guess I should just have fun with it and stop sweating the small stuff!

Thanks friend!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Cool, I have done exactly what you said above already to a T. I guess I should just have fun with it and stop sweating the small stuff!

Thanks friend!

LOL!! Awesome and it's my pleasure to help out. The setup you have now is a good one, enjoy :yup:

Top Bottom