Light bars - Really needed???

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a 20" on my grill and I NEVER use it. The only two things it's good for is the look and for Jim, Greg, and Nick to flip it or unplug it on me when I hang around them :cheesy:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464706745.897757.jpg .

Dick lol

It's great lol I laugh everytime at them when they do it to me! I can't be mad

haha, of course you can't be mad. it's jeep games! also, just realized you're from west chester. my entire family lives in west chester...i live in houston now, but i was born in berwyn and went to conestoga highschool, and bloomsburg university. i'm in WC every Christmas time.

dillard09

I have a 20" between the stinger, 2x flood pods outside the stinger, and 2x spot pods on the A pillar. I actually use mine quite often. My wife is a biologist and when out with her we use them.

I hate the guys that drive on the pavement with them on just as much as I hate the guy with the HID lights in the non-projector housing that s throwing huge amount of purple/blue light in all direction coming at ya!

One cheap light bar makes sense, those people with two or three? No way. On back roads it's always nice to have a little extra light in my opinion. Definitely agree that most people have taken the whole light bar thing a little too far. Hell, I used to have a bar and now I just have one pillar pod on each side and even that is a ton of light...

I have a 20" between the stinger, 2x flood pods outside the stinger, and 2x spot pods on the A pillar. I actually use mine quite often. My wife is a biologist and when out with her we use them.

I hate the guys that drive on the pavement with them on just as much as I hate the guy with the HID lights in the non-projector housing that s throwing huge amount of purple/blue light in all direction coming at ya!

Some jackhole was tailing me on the highway the other day in an FJ Cruiser with his lightbar on in clear daytime. Clearly, he had no fucking clue what he was doing.

JeepJeep75

One cheap light bar makes sense, those people with two or three? No way. On back roads it's always nice to have a little extra light in my opinion. Definitely agree that most people have taken the whole light bar thing a little too far. Hell, I used to have a bar and now I just have one pillar pod on each side and even that is a ton of light...

Hi CaliforniaWheelin'. Got any night pics of how much light your pillar pods put out? I'm trying to decide if I really need them or not. Thanks!

dillard09

Some jackhole was tailing me on the highway the other day in an FJ Cruiser with his lightbar on in clear daytime. Clearly, he had no fucking clue what he was doing.

Haha! When I'm at work down here in south Texas you see a lot of people driving around with them on in the daytime. I can honestly say that I have done it numerous times. I have a 30" and 2x 6" in my ADD bumper on my work truck and use them when I hit the dirt. Sometime I forget to turn the off when I turn off the truck. Then when I leave at the end of day I don't know they are on until people flash me.

Haha! When I'm at work down here in south Texas you see a lot of people driving around with them on in the daytime. I can honestly say that I have done it numerous times. I have a 30" and 2x 6" in my ADD bumper on my work truck and use them when I hit the dirt. Sometime I forget to turn the off when I turn off the truck. Then when I leave at the end of day I don't know they are on until people flash me.

Haha, well yea you're right. I was wheeling a couple weekends ago and my buddy in front of me informed me over the cb that I was blinding him with my floods. I accidentally hit the switch when I activated my rear ARBs lol. Whoops!

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
I've been 4wheeling 35 years, I live miles down a dirt road in the rural Nevada desert and I have no need for a light bar. A good set of HID or LED headlights and a set of rocklights is all you need.
Lightbars can be especially annoying on trail as the light up a stadium sized area unnecessarily. If you've ever been on a trail at night and had a light bar coming at you it will seriously blind you (and sadly many folks don't seem to care to turn them off). It's just overkill and seems to be the newest fad after the snorkel.

dillard09

I've been 4wheeling 35 years, I live miles down a dirt road in the rural Nevada desert and I have no need for a light bar. A good set of HID or LED headlights and a set of rocklights is all you need.
Lightbars can be especially annoying on trail as the light up a stadium sized area unnecessarily. If you've ever been on a trail at night and had a light bar coming at you it will seriously blind you (and sadly many folks don't seem to care to turn them off). It's just overkill and seems to be the newest fad after the snorkel.

I think they do have there place but it's not on a grocery getter that will never see the dirt.
I have some good led headlights and I still am glad I have the light bars. When I bombing down the dirt roads at night it's nice to be able to see as far down them as I can. And when I see another vehicle I turn them off.

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
There not needed plus you get the annoying wind noise from the light bar if you want extra light just do some a pillar lights. I have both the bar and a pillar but I do quite a bit of night trails. It's great for that but yeah I would put the money into something else.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I have a 20" bar mounted between my stinger with amber covers, and 2 spots up on my pillars. I do not use them much at all, but on back roads and such its nice to have the extra light. I will also run the light bar sometimes to light up signs sooner than with my headlights on. I have it adjusted properly so to not blind people.

Top Bottom