Loaded 2012 Unlimited trail ready JK - Better then a Rubicon

MTG

Caught the Bug
Anyone else tired of popcorn? :pop2:

Is there a feature that can track how long it takes people to come back after they say they are going to leave the forum? Maybe we should have some sort of betting pool or poll each time? :idontknow:

Anyone else tired of popcorn? :pop2:

Is there a feature that can track how long it takes people to come back after they say they are going to leave the forum? Maybe we should have some sort of betting pool or poll each time? :idontknow:

I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is about people begging to be banned rather than just leaving on their own. Does this somehow justify their existence?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I'm still trying to figure out what the big deal is about people begging to be banned rather than just leaving on their own. Does this somehow justify their existence?

Kind of like a kid throwing a temper tantrum. Just be Man and don't click on a certain website if you hate it so much.

Armydog

I have waited to post in this thread for two reasons, One, do not have a job since I am retiring from the Navy on Friday after 26 years, by the way, did not quit after 10 years. Two, wanted to see just haw far you were going to stick your foot in your mouth. Three, just wanted to see how far you were going to drag this out. Four, asking full price for your Jeep.

1. After 26 years in the Navy I have come to the conclusion, you cannot please everyone all the time, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they usually stink. You chose to fight a fight you thought was worth it. Now after 400 plus posts you are no closer than your first rebuttal.

2. After your second or third post you stuck your foot in your mouth and there it stayed. I too have been in a situation where I suffered hoof in mouth; however I chose to let it go and then took the higher road and made a formal apology to the entire forum for acting like an assclown. Some times swallowing pride is better than taking a beating. JMHO.

3. After the first page I saw this was a loosing battle for you simple because of your I am better than you attitude. Especially when you wanted to see another members Jeep just to compare his build against yours. Who cares what others Jeeps look like or how they compare. What difference does it make? Wheel you jeep how you see fit to do so. Do not compare Jeeps. It is like saying my wife is better than yours because she can rebuild a CJ5 motor and transmission or the fact that she know hows to run a Ford 555D or that she can build just about anything. It does not matter. Wheel what you have and let it go.

4. This is the main point of my post. Realistically there is no way you will get more than $29k for your Jeep no matter how you slice it. The aftermarket parts do not mean a thing to a bank who is going to finance it. If you are lucky to find a buyer who's bank or credit union will give them 120% of blue book value that is what you are going to get. If your buyer is going to pay $39K cash chances are they will look for what they want and a JK Sport with after market parts that are the best you can afford may not be what they are looking for. You can polish a turd until it shines but guess what it is still a turd. Now before you go and get all butthurt over this post know this, I do not claim to be an expert on which Jeep parts a the best but do know what I have on my JKUS is what I want. So before your blood pressure starts rising here is a list of what I have.

OR Fab Sport Cage $500- Installed myself
EVO 3 inch plush ride coils $300- purchased second hand and installed myself
Rock Krawler Adjustable Front Track Bar $195- installed myself
Rock Krawler Quick Disconnects $89- Installed myself
LoD mid-width front bumper- installed myself
LoD full width rear bumper with Gen III tire carrier- installed myself
LoD Rock Sliders frame mounted- Installed myself with with weld nuts
(recieved a package deal directly from LoD for the bumpers and sliders $2800)
TrekTop NX $450(purchased used)- Installed myself
Wurx LED headlights- $260- installed myself
Nitto Trail Grapplers $1800- a gift from my precious wife for graduating from college and retiring from the Navy.

Another forum members Jeep that I have helped with
Installed a CB Radio and windshield spot lights- did not charge them even gave them a place to stay and fed them. Why because that is what Jeeper's do take care of one another.

Assisted another friend with his build. Installed Rubi shocks (Purchased from a friend on WAL) and 10 Anniversary Rubi wheels and tires, all at no labor charge. Why because that is what I do. Take care of others.

So BLUF (Army slang for Bottom Line Up Front) Take your self righteous attitude and move on. The world is full of self righteous people and we do not need them on this forum. I have met quite of few members on this forum in person and on the phone and I will tell you I count them as friends so much so I sent them invitations to my retirement ceremony. That is how the WAYALIFE family is. Just because you have a WAL sticker on your Jeep does not make you a member of the family. The same can be said if you own a Harley Davidson and wore a Hells Angel Patch, you are not a member of the Hell's Angels unless you have been through their process. The process of being an active WAL member is to be just that Active and not here to sell things. Who cares how long you have been a member or your post count, what meaningful contribution have you give. When was the last time a WAL member sent you a message asking for you opinion on a future build? When was the last time you put someone other than your self righteous attitude first? So before you go and start spouting about someone being a troll check your self. I have several friends who are in Afghanistan doing God's work for this great Nation some have a choice and some do not. Since you are probably a contractor I do not want to hear a peep about how tough you have it. After being there myself and seeing the conditions our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines live in, the contractors have nothing to complain about. You get everything paid for and make well over 6 figures. If you ask me the military should be making the 6 figures and the contractors should not. That is JMHO. I served with the 46th and 43rd MP Battalion working in the DFIP.

Do not let the door hit you where the good Lord Split ya.

Canvas Out.

Charlie Mike

First, congratulations on your retirement. Thank you for you service. God bless you and your family for the sacrifices you all have made.

Second, Amen! Amen! Amen! Well said..

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

StrizzyChris

You can have your WAYALIFE family. As this thread was my first forum post after lurking for a while

Thanks for allowing us to keep what we already have.

my first formal introduction to this "family" showed me what you are all about.

Yup, selling your shit was your first interaction...thats the problem.

Because of this you act like jack booted thugs and bully any new person that wants to be included.

You didn't want to be included, you wanted only to use this site for your personal gain since you joined and now to sell shit. You remind me of a song I grew up listening to....

You all also feel like others must "prove themselves" to you before they can belong.

Or just interact with the community before using the site as your personal craigslist.

Apparently your fellow members care a lot. It was brought up countless times in this thread

Post count means nothing other than an easy gauge to tell if you're active in the community here.

No skin off of my back will be lost.

Youve proven throughout the thread that you're the bigger man and can walk away.

All I see is cheap garbage. Craps in mine in what universe? Home made SPOD. I'm sure that rig will be the next one on the trail catching fire. No front locker listed. XRC rock slider (the KIA of jeep accessories). And no winch. So when you attempt to follow me and get stuck you wont be able to self recover. not to mention I saw no rear bumpber mod so you have a 37 sitting on your rear deck. Ha. I'm done here. I see you don't actually know what you're talking about.

I obviously joined this a little late, but he is right. I used to do suspension tech on Jeeps in CO and the Rubicon Express long arm was horse shit. At least if you wheeled hard. Even though I don't like RC, I would take Deserteagle's Jeep over yours any day.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I obviously joined this a little late, but he is right. I used to do suspension tech on Jeeps in CO and the Rubicon Express long arm was horse shit. At least if you wheeled hard. Even though I don't like RC, I would take Deserteagle's Jeep over yours any day.

RC, RE, TF...whatever.

sean112280

I have waited to post in this thread for two reasons, One, do not have a job since I am retiring from the Navy on Friday after 26 years, by the way, did not quit after 10 years. Two, wanted to see just haw far you were going to stick your foot in your mouth. Three, just wanted to see how far you were going to drag this out. Four, asking full price for your Jeep.

1. After 26 years in the Navy I have come to the conclusion, you cannot please everyone all the time, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they usually stink. You chose to fight a fight you thought was worth it. Now after 400 plus posts you are no closer than your first rebuttal.

2. After your second or third post you stuck your foot in your mouth and there it stayed. I too have been in a situation where I suffered hoof in mouth; however I chose to let it go and then took the higher road and made a formal apology to the entire forum for acting like an assclown. Some times swallowing pride is better than taking a beating. JMHO.

3. After the first page I saw this was a loosing battle for you simple because of your I am better than you attitude. Especially when you wanted to see another members Jeep just to compare his build against yours. Who cares what others Jeeps look like or how they compare. What difference does it make? Wheel you jeep how you see fit to do so. Do not compare Jeeps. It is like saying my wife is better than yours because she can rebuild a CJ5 motor and transmission or the fact that she know hows to run a Ford 555D or that she can build just about anything. It does not matter. Wheel what you have and let it go.

4. This is the main point of my post. Realistically there is no way you will get more than $29k for your Jeep no matter how you slice it. The aftermarket parts do not mean a thing to a bank who is going to finance it. If you are lucky to find a buyer who's bank or credit union will give them 120% of blue book value that is what you are going to get. If your buyer is going to pay $39K cash chances are they will look for what they want and a JK Sport with after market parts that are the best you can afford may not be what they are looking for. You can polish a turd until it shines but guess what it is still a turd. Now before you go and get all butthurt over this post know this, I do not claim to be an expert on which Jeep parts a the best but do know what I have on my JKUS is what I want. So before your blood pressure starts rising here is a list of what I have.

Nitto Trail Grapplers $1800- a gift from my precious wife for graduating from college and retiring from the Navy.

Installed a CB Radio and windshield spot lights- did not charge them even gave them a place to stay and fed them. Why because that is what Jeeper's do take care of one another.

Assisted another friend with his build. Installed Rubi shocks (Purchased from a friend on WAL) and 10 Anniversary Rubi wheels and tires, all at no labor charge. Why because that is what I do. Take care of others.

So BLUF (Army slang for Bottom Line Up Front) Take your self righteous attitude and move on. The world is full of self righteous people and we do not need them on this forum. I have met quite of few members on this forum in person and on the phone and I will tell you I count them as friends so much so I sent them invitations to my retirement ceremony. That is how the WAYALIFE family is. Just because you have a WAL sticker on your Jeep does not make you a member of the family. The same can be said if you own a Harley Davidson and wore a Hells Angel Patch, you are not a member of the Hell's Angels unless you have been through their process. The process of being an active WAL member is to be just that Active and not here to sell things. Who cares how long you have been a member or your post count, what meaningful contribution have you give. When was the last time a WAL member sent you a message asking for you opinion on a future build? When was the last time you put someone other than your self righteous attitude first? So before you go and start spouting about someone being a troll check your self. I have several friends who are in Afghanistan doing God's work for this great Nation some have a choice and some do not. Since you are probably a contractor I do not want to hear a peep about how tough you have it. After being there myself and seeing the conditions our Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines live in, the contractors have nothing to complain about. You get everything paid for and make well over 6 figures. If you ask me the military should be making the 6 figures and the contractors should not. That is JMHO. I served with the 46th and 43rd MP Battalion working in the DFIP.

Canvas Out.

Charlie Mike

The DFIP or now the ANDF-P(Afghan National Detention Facility- Parwan) is where DA Runt, and I are at now:thumb: Congrats on the retiring as well!!!!

Fir-na-tine

Caught the Bug
Thank You for your service Will, and congrats on your retirement as well !!

Thank you Sean and DaRunt for your service.......stay safe and come home soon!

~Woodrow~

jims68

You, the OP, need to stop now and beg forgiveness! Let it die and continue on with life! Trust me, I have a diamond studded shifter knob I can't get anyone to buy from me! Just an added little State law fact. If they have anything stated modified or not factory that gives them probable cause to pull you over. North Dakota will license about anything but pull you over for everything! And it doesn't pay to argue either then the calipers come out or the fine tooth comb! Sometimes it is better to just smile and wave! Maybe said officer is just having a bad day? I don't blame them since it has gotten crazy up here with the oil boom! The people on this site are very passionate about there jeeps so feelings can be hurt! Keep it simple and follow the rules is all most will ask of you. And a BIG Thank You to all of our military, police and fire! Without you all, we would not have our Jeeps, this forum and safety in our communities!

BlackKnight

Canvas Out.

Charlie Mike

First, Thank you for your post, Absolutely spot on!!

Second, Thank you for your many years of service.

It's guys like this one that make me go :gaah:

Top Bottom