Locker disengaged(pics) feels locked.

jeeeep

Hooked
If you get a standard Trail 60, you can get that the same width as a JK axle but, if you go ProRock 60 like you should, it'll be wider. The wheel adapters up front will not only allow you to bolt up wheels with a 5x5.5 bolt pattern, it'll also help to make your front axle width about the same as the rear.
So it sounds like the best option is 60's front and rear, advantage of the wider track being?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So it sounds like the best option is 60's front and rear, advantage of the wider track being?

Well, it isn't for everyone but, if you play hard enough and with big enough tires, yeah, I would say 60's front and rear is what you would want. The wider track will provide more stability.

TheDuff

Thanks. Maybe a stupid question but if I get a PR44 up front and need to upgrade the rear later I have to go to a 60 which would take a different size wheel than the front right?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

What axles did u get recently as after u bent that flange? I'd be really shocked if u broke a rear housing, I haven't seen that yet, so other than bending another flange I doubt u will need a 60 out back unless ur planning some 40s+:eek:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheDuff

And u check the spider gears? Maybe u sheared some teeth and those pieces made a home between some other teeth:confused:

ttfhell

What axles did u get recently as after u bent that flange? I'd be really shocked if u broke a rear housing, I haven't seen that yet, so other than bending another flange I doubt u will need a 60 out back unless ur planning some 40s+:eek:

Chromoly from G2. This was the front locker that was stuck. I smacked the diff with a bfh and it's unlocked. Saving for the PR44. No 40's in my future at this point.

TheDuff

Chromoly from G2. This was the front locker that was stuck. I smacked the diff with a bfh and it's unlocked. Saving for the PR44. No 40's in my future at this point.

Better not push that button again:p
You gonna be at corral canyon sat?

ttfhell

That's the plan. Freaking 6:30 departure to make it. Got weird single pop/clunk in my steering when I make a full 90 degree turn. Trying to figure it out.

TheDuff

I had something like that, it was frame side track bar bolt. If u wanna cruise down Friday night u can crash at my pad, your more than welcome:)

ttfhell

I had something like that, it was frame side track bar bolt. If u wanna cruise down Friday night u can crash at my pad, your more than welcome:)

Thanks for the offer but I've got a hockey game Fri night. Checked the track bar, drag link, sway bar links, jam nuts, and SS bolts and all tight. Think the steering shaft boot might need to be packed with grease. Wheels go on Tuesday so I'll just take it easy and have EVO take a look.
Thanks

TheDuff

We are planning to leave my place at 745-8am, if u get in the area by then swing by and we can caravan up. If u need the address again lmk

Top Bottom