Locker opinions.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Torn between either:

Arb 35 spline front with g2 golds.

Or

Ox cable with g2 golds. Consider their electric locker.

Live where it gets done to -20 sometimes colder. If I go with an Arb I'm considering switching to dot air lines.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
I ordered my PR with ARB. While it doesn't get as cold in Reno I also intend on running DOT lines for 2 reasons.

1- if it's good enough for brake service on a big rig than it's good enough for a jeep locker.

2- repair parts are very easy to come by. In Reno there are many truck dealers, and everywhere else in the country you can always find a truck stop.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I ordered my PR with ARB. While it doesn't get as cold in Reno I also intend on running DOT lines for 2 reasons.

1- if it's good enough for brake service on a big rig than it's good enough for a jeep locker.

2- repair parts are very easy to come by. In Reno there are many truck dealers, and everywhere else in the country you can always find a truck stop.

That might be my downfall for living in elko.. it do have slot of industrial shops.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
The Ox is a 32 spline correct? If you already have the compressor, or the additional cost of one isn't a factor, I'd get the 35 spline ARB without looking back.

I have the 32 spline Ox in my front D44 after frying my Rubi locker. I don't have the cable hooked up, it's run off an electric solenoid, and it's just fine. Never had a problem with it, but I wish I could have afforded new axles at the time I was installing it so I could've moved up to 35 spline.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If it were me, I would go with the 35 spline ARB. I run mine with a stainless steel line.

tgoss

If it were me, I would go with the 35 spline ARB. I run mine with a stainless steel line.

Second every bit of this. After burning through arb plastic lines twice I've switch to stainless and haven't have a problem since.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
The Ox is a 32 spline correct? If you already have the compressor, or the additional cost of one isn't a factor, I'd get the 35 spline ARB without looking back.

I have the 32 spline Ox in my front D44 after frying my Rubi locker. I don't have the cable hooked up, it's run off an electric solenoid, and it's just fine. Never had a problem with it, but I wish I could have afforded new axles at the time I was installing it so I could've moved up to 35 spline.

Was considering 35 spline ox. Went with the arb

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug

I went with the Arb. Order the parts and having 4wp install them. Going to see if they'll honor the free compressor. Have you done a write up on the ss lines? All I have to do is run the air line to the solenoid on the compressor?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I went with the Arb. Order the parts and having 4wp install them. Going to see if they'll honor the free compressor. Have you done a write up on the ss lines? All I have to do is run the air line to the solenoid on the compressor?

If they're installing your locker, they should put the air line in as well. But yes, you just have to connect the solenoid to the bung on your center housing for the locker.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Sorry, no write up for them being all you have to do is replace your blue line with the stainless steel one. The kit will come with new fittings but that's it. Super easy and should take minutes to install. :yup:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
Sorry, no write up for them being all you have to do is replace your blue line with the stainless steel one. The kit will come with new fittings but that's it. Super easy and should take minutes to install. :yup:

That's what I will do. Just worried about the salt on the roads. My evo ss lines plastic sleeve dried out and cracked and they're only three months old.

jkwebbie

If you dont have an air compressor already, I got an email from eastcoastgearsupply saying if you buy an ARB locker you get an ARB air compressor with it for free. Don't know if any other sites are doing that too, just got the email this morning. But that might help persuade you to get the ARB locker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
If you dont have an air compressor already, I got an email from eastcoastgearsupply saying if you buy an ARB locker you get an ARB air compressor with it for free. Don't know if any other sites are doing that too, just got the email this morning. But that might help persuade you to get the ARB locker

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Seems everyone has the offer going on. Got 4wp magazine and called them up and they're honoring it.

Top Bottom