lockers???

MarkW13

How many of you guys have broke your d30s?

I have d30 locked and trussed, gusseted and I tore up my 44 and still have not broken the front lol

I know a lot of people running 30's. Never seen a broken one. Just saying. There are definitely advantages to having a 44, but I'm not sure it is accurate to say they are going to explode. I believe the philosophy is if you are going to upgrade spend a little more and get something stronger to reduce the possibility of destruction.

ZuidJK

How many of you guys have broke your d30s?

I have d30 locked and trussed, gusseted and I tore up my 44 and still have not broken the front lol

This guy broke his!!!! Open diff on 35s. I chewed about 2 teeth off my ring gear, the housing was also really bent..I found a used Dana 30 about 2 hours away and used that for about 8 months before I bought the pr44...don't put any $ into it just save for a new axle altogether.

GR8WHITE

GR8WHITE,

Are there any trails near Dahlonega or Helen?

I am in west central GA and looking for a weekend run other than the mud runs near Reynolds.
There are a couple of trials. The best is Dodd Rd http://www.jeepsontrails.com/off-road-trail/bend-n-hickory-rd-georgia/
Another one is called Flatland road you can google it and find some stuff on it. One good park that is currently closed and getting worked over is called Beasley Nob. Other than that, you need to cross state line.

Cormac828

This guy broke his!!!! Open diff on 35s. I chewed about 2 teeth off my ring gear, the housing was also really bent..I found a used Dana 30 about 2 hours away and used that for about 8 months before I bought the pr44...don't put any $ into it just save for a new axle altogether.

Too late for me! Lol- id love a pr44 but idk. I'd love to see people do some testing with a pr44 vs a built 30 just to see when they fail. I'll run it till I break it then fix it!

I just see people all the time saying as well "why waste money on a 44 go to a 60" etc - it'll never end lol

ZuidJK

Too late for me! Lol- id love a pr44 but idk. I'd love to see people do some testing with a pr44 vs a built 30 just to see when they fail. I'll run it till I break it then fix it!

I just see people all the time saying as well "why waste money on a 44 go to a 60" etc - it'll never end lol

lol very true but I don't think I could ever justify a pr60 I'm happy on 37s so my d44s I feel will hold up for a while but who knows.

Yea I still think the 44 would come out on top. The broken ring gear was what really made me do the swap, the bent housing was manageable but ultimately I don't think you can improve on the size of the really small internals of the axle.

JKALLTHEWAY

D30 spider gear didn't hold up on mine, and we only have 13k on it. We're upgrading the carrier right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1419988624181.jpg
    1419988624181.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 151

JSTJPN

my squadron headquarters is out on harmony church but i work out in the boondocks might see ya on post sometime

Sounds good. My son and I were out today riding the trails on the north side of post back towards Darby and Cactus areas. Found some areas that I haven't been to and played in a couple of the water crossings. That always gets him concerned about having to use the ole shoe leather express. lol

Top Bottom