lockers???

JSTJPN

Pretty good trail up Bell Mountain in Young Harris/Hiawassee

Cool. maybe we can get some guys up there next month for a weekend run. From what i have seen looks like there are quite a few folks within in 3-4 hrs of that location.

thardy

Banned
Cool. maybe we can get some guys up there next month for a weekend run. From what i have seen looks like there are quite a few folks within in 3-4 hrs of that location.

I frequent that area a lot. Bell Mtn is a nice short trail but has some challenges. There are a lot of other trails in the area. I'd be down if I wasn't trying to get ready for the Windrock trip. I'll definitely be down sometime in February.

bsimon187

Pretty good trail up Bell Mountain in Young Harris/Hiawassee

Bell Mountain is getting paved over and closed here soon. One of my favorite rides is Bell mtn then Charlie's creek. Some kids were throwing rocks on Bell and someone got killed. So if you plan on going again it may not be a bad idea to go back sooner than later.

I am down in Greenville, sc. We head up to the ga trails often. Dodd rd is one of my faves.

thardy

Banned
Bell Mountain is getting paved over and closed here soon. One of my favorite rides is Bell mtn then Charlie's creek. Some kids were throwing rocks on Bell and someone got killed. So if you plan on going again it may not be a bad idea to go back sooner than later.

I am down in Greenville, sc. We head up to the ga trails often. Dodd rd is one of my faves.

Yeah I had heard the rumor about them paving it. Let me know next time you go out that way and may be I can meet up with ya.

Also, we've got a decent group heading out to Windrock Park in TN at the end of January if you're interested.

TLW1022

I would love to but I live in Ft Lauderdale :mad:

My daughter just graduated from Young Harris in May but we plan on making a trip up sometime this year. I love the area

bsimon187

Yeah I had heard the rumor about them paving it. Let me know next time you go out that way and may be I can meet up with ya.

Also, we've got a decent group heading out to Windrock Park in TN at the end of January if you're interested.

Yeah- I have seen the Windsock post- one of my favorite places to go, but will be out this trip. Chewed off some teeth on my ring last time out and am going to order some new axles and get them done before I head back out.. You guys will have a blast up there.

thardy

Banned
Yeah- I have seen the Windsock post- one of my favorite places to go, but will be out this trip. Chewed off some teeth on my ring last time out and am going to order some new axles and get them done before I head back out.. You guys will have a blast up there.

Since you've been there, any tips of trails to do or not do? Keep in mind most of the rigs will be stock to lightly modded JKs.

bsimon187

Since you've been there, any tips of trails to do or not do? Keep in mind most of the rigs will be stock to lightly modded JKs.

Biggest tip I can recommend is to really look at the map and plan it out for what you guys want to do. It is a gigantic park and you can ride around all day and not really get to any trails you want to do. There are some dirt/gravel/paved roads that can take you to the top of one of the mountains which makes it easier to get to some trails at the top and save some time from having to go through the trails.

The town that the hotels are in is a pretty big town with a ton of restaurants and hotels.

thardy

Banned
Biggest tip I can recommend is to really look at the map and plan it out for what you guys want to do. It is a gigantic park and you can ride around all day and not really get to any trails you want to do. There are some dirt/gravel/paved roads that can take you to the top of one of the mountains which makes it easier to get to some trails at the top and save some time from having to go through the trails.

The town that the hotels are in is a pretty big town with a ton of restaurants and hotels.

Good deal, thanks for the tip.

Top Bottom