LOD Signature front bumper winch question

amerikancheg

Hey good people,
I have a front LOD Signature on my 23 JL and tried to install Warn VR Evo 10-S on it, which Warn states should fit. Dimensions they publish are:
21" L x 6.3" D x 10.1" H and that is not the case at all, it is not 6.3 for D (width), it's at least 7.7. I can force the winch in, but the space between winch mount plate and grill so small it will cut into winch cables and winch drum will rub against the grill. Don't really want to do that. In any case, does anyone here has LOD Signature with a winch installed? Which winch do you have. Maybe VR Evo 8-S a bit smaller? I need something like 7.5 tops.
Appreciate all suggestions.
Thank you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The fit is tight but you should be able to space the bumper out with some washers stacked between the bumper and frame rails.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey good people,
I have a front LOD Signature on my 23 JL and tried to install Warn VR Evo 10-S on it, which Warn states should fit. Dimensions they publish are:
21" L x 6.3" D x 10.1" H and that is not the case at all, it is not 6.3 for D (width), it's at least 7.7. I can force the winch in, but the space between winch mount plate and grill so small it will cut into winch cables and winch drum will rub against the grill. Don't really want to do that. In any case, does anyone here has LOD Signature with a winch installed? Which winch do you have. Maybe VR Evo 8-S a bit smaller? I need something like 7.5 tops.
Appreciate all suggestions.
Thank you.
Which LOD? full width or?
My buddy has the LOD full width and the Zeon 10s winch fits fine, tight against the grill but this seems to be expected, my Warn instructions included padding because it sits tight against the grill.

A.B. normal

The first three pictures are of my 23 with the Warn Zion 10 winch installed on the LOD Signature bumper, which is bigger than the Warn VR EVO 10. It’s tight, but it does touch the grill.

The next three pictures are of my Warn VR EVO 10 installed on my JK with the 10A bumper. The winch is less than 6 1/2 inches wide.

Attachments

• IMG_3195.jpeg
    IMG_3195.jpeg
    391.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3196.jpeg
    IMG_3196.jpeg
    204.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3197.jpeg
    IMG_3197.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3201.jpeg
    IMG_3201.jpeg
    157.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3202.jpeg
    IMG_3202.jpeg
    169.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3204.jpeg
    IMG_3204.jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 6

amerikancheg

Which LOD? full width or?
My buddy has the LOD full width and the Zeon 10s winch fits fine, tight against the grill but this seems to be expected, my Warn instructions included padding because it sits tight against the grill.
Full width. i called LOD, looks like it is expected and they also recommend washers. Oh well...

amerikancheg

The first three pictures are of my 23 with the Warn Zion 10 winch installed on the LOD Signature bumper, which is bigger than the Warn VR EVO 10. It’s tight, but it does touch the grill.

The next three pictures are of my Warn VR EVO 10 installed on my JK with the 10A bumper. The winch is less than 6 1/2 inches wide.
Thank you. I guess i'll go ahead with it + washers.

Top Bottom