Long Arm Help

mrmet1983

im going to do a bolt on coil over kit front and rear on my 2013 jku and i plan to run 37" nittos now here is my ? with this set up do i need a long arm kit ? and does the evo long arm kit work with rear coil over kit or just evo lever. Im looking for the best long arm kit if its needed running 37s with bolt on coil over front and rear thank guys

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
im going to do a bolt on coil over kit front and rear on my 2013 jku and i plan to run 37" nittos now here is my ? with this set up do i need a long arm kit ?

Need? No. You do not need a long arm kit to run this setup. Will it offer a better on pavement ride? Yes.

and does the evo long arm kit work with rear coil over kit or just evo lever. Im looking for the best long arm kit if its needed running 37s with bolt on coil over front and rear thank guys

The EVO long arm kit will work with standard coils, the bolt on coil over kit and the DTD with EVO Lever - basically everything. If you go with the EVO lever, you can also get the long arm kit with high clearance brackets.

mrmet1983

ok so if i didnt go with evo lever in the rear than i can still use the high clearance long arm kit or they have a seperate kit for without the evo lever ? I think im def going with some kind of long arm kit because i want a good ride on and off road

also what kind of ram assist system do you recommend

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok so if i didnt go with evo lever in the rear than i can still use the high clearance long arm kit or they have a seperate kit for without the evo lever ? I think im def going with some kind of long arm kit because i want a good ride on and off road

Technically, you can only run the high clearnace brackets with the EVO lever. It can be done without it but, you would need to have new custom brackets installed on the axle.

mrmet1983

ok so they have a reg long arm kit without high clearance brackets also ? and i know im going to need to beef up the steering what kind of ram assist steering system upgrades do u guys run ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
ok so they have a reg long arm kit without high clearance brackets also ?

Yes, the Double D. If you ever upgrade to an EVO Lever, they will give you high clearnace brackets for free.

and i know im going to need to beef up the steering what kind of ram assist steering system upgrades do u guys run ?

PSC

mrmet1983

dont know how i missed the double d on the site :crazyeyes: thanks a lot picking up the new jku rubi in about 3 weeks

mrmet1983

ill be taking a road trip to cali in the summer i hope by than ill be ready to hit some trails with you guys :driving:

Prime8

I have the Double D and love it. After speaking with Chris at EVO, it sounds like the bolt on coilovers and the Double D long arm kit are basically made for each other. I plan on upgrading to the coilovers at a later date, so I just went with the basic Bilsteins for now. Awesome ride and handling. I highly recommend it.

I have the Double D and love it. After speaking with Chris at EVO, it sounds like the bolt on coilovers and the Double D long arm kit are basically made for each other. I plan on upgrading to the coilovers at a later date, so I just went with the basic Bilsteins for now. Awesome ride and handling. I highly recommend it.

Prime- did you bolt your long arms on or did you weld them in?

mrmet1983

so you are running the double d with reg coil shock set up

rubicrawl

Very Nice! I cant wait... Hopefully the upgrade to my DoubleD will be my xmas gift to myself (and to the family since they have to sit in it on the highway)!

Dude your rides nice already but yes more flex thanks for the test drive again Andrew haven't gone offroading dieing to go but working a lot

Top Bottom