Long-arm installed by ORE

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
If you happen to come across stuff like this after you spend a boat load of money, make sure you call said shop and tell them/complain politely. Shops can ONLY improve how things are done and make sure you get the best results possible if you tell them. If you don’t say anything to the shop then someone else may have the same result as you.

As a matter of fact I did exactly that.
the response...
HI Donald sorry for the issues as far as the break cap I cant confirm or deny if it was on there but im willing to pay for one and get it ordered up.

My response...
What I really want is for things to be done right the first time. I pay a premium to have things done at a shop that is supposed to be the best and sadly, in the end it's not.
I really want to be able to say to all the people I wheel with, Yes go to ORE, there're great...

Their response...
Again I apologize wish there was a way we could make it better.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As a matter of fact I did exactly that.
the response...
HI Donald sorry for the issues as far as the break cap I cant confirm or deny if it was on there but im willing to pay for one and get it ordered up.

My response...
What I really want is for things to be done right the first time. I pay a premium to have things done at a shop that is supposed to be the best and sadly, in the end it's not.
I really want to be able to say to all the people I wheel with, Yes go to ORE, there're great...

Their response...

Well I’m glad you did and that isn’t the response you should have gotten. My statement was a blanket statement for everyone tho. If more people are having issues post install of parts at ANY shop then they should speak up. Shops like ORE can only improve or help if you contact them about the issues

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Well I’m glad you did and that isn’t the response you should have gotten. My statement was a blanket statement for everyone tho. If more people are having issues post install of parts at ANY shop then they should speak up. Shops like ORE can only improve or help if you contact them about the issues

I had ordered springs before I knew about all the issues.

this is what I received today ...
Springs are shipping today. We did not have them in stock and had to pick them up from King.

I would like to take care of the cost of the springs and the shipping.

Thanks

It's something... frankly I'd rather have the work done right the first time than to have free springs

Trail JK

I had ordered springs before I knew about all the issues.

this is what I received today ...
Springs are shipping today. We did not have them in stock and had to pick them up from King.

I would like to take care of the cost of the springs and the shipping.

Thanks

It's something... frankly I'd rather have the work done right the first time than to have free springs

They apologized and offered to make things right. They are paying for the springs and again you’re telling them that you wish it would’ve just been done right the first time. I get being upset initially but in my opinion you’re not looking to be satisfied. Sorry to hear about your experience here’s a megaphone.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
They apologized and offered to make things right. They are paying for the springs and again you’re telling them that you wish it would’ve just been done right the first time. I get being upset initially but in my opinion you’re not looking to be satisfied. Sorry to hear about your experience here’s a megaphone.

I think you're misunderstanding.
My initial post if you'll take a look was simply to make sure that if you have work done and not do it yourself to make sure you go through and check Everything that was done.
For 15k, what I spent this last time, I would expect thing to be right the first time. I understand sometimes things happen but it wasn't just one thing. Replacing a cap isn't making things right.

My last post was simply saying at least they sent the springs after all the issues I had and forgetting to ship them out 2 weeks ago.

Trail JK

Their response...

^^^^

I think you're misunderstanding.
My initial post if you'll take a look was simply to make sure that if you have work done and not do it yourself to make sure you go through and check Everything that was done.
For 15k, what I spent this last time, I would expect thing to be right the first time. I understand sometimes things happen but it wasn't just one thing. Replacing a cap isn't making things right.

My last post was simply saying at least they sent the springs after all the issues I had and forgetting to ship them out 2 weeks ago.

I don’t know what your circumstances are but I probably would’ve taken my Jeep back and asked that everything gets tightened up or followed up with a suggestion to make it right within reason. To me you were saying I don’t want anything you should’ve gotten it right.

To each their own, just pointing out how I see it. I’m not saying that it’s okay, I understand it’s upsetting and unfortunate for sure but they said, “Again I apologize wish there was a way we could make it better.”

I'll definitely be looking over the Jeep this weekend... i took the jeep to get the wheels balanced after the LA kit was installed. Tire shop asked where my spare tire lug key socket was... its supposed to be in the glove box. searched and searched the entire jeep... no key.

Then i'm looking at all my other 4 wheels... completely different lug nuts and no locking lug nut. The new lugs are those splined lug nuts. Not what i had before the suspension mods. Again searching Jeep for that key thinking shop included it when the purchase of their LA kit... NOPE!

WOW... goooood thing i wasn't on the trail or side of the freeway with a flat. I couldn't take off main wheels let alone the spare.

ORE made zero mention of changing my lug nuts. I know the original lug key was there as i had just changed out the springs. Plus they never called me asking for it.

Americas Tire gave me a socket that fits the splined lug nuts. Yay!! lol

Lesson learned... look over your rig after a shop touches it no matter what shop!!

I'll let them know when i take it back for the 500 mile check up.

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I'll definitely be looking over the Jeep this weekend... i took the jeep to get the wheels balanced after the LA kit was installed. Tire shop asked where my spare tire lug key socket was... its supposed to be in the glove box. searched and searched the entire jeep... no key.

Then i'm looking at all my other 4 wheels... completely different lug nuts and no locking lug nut. The new lugs are those splined lug nuts. Not what i had before the suspension mods. Again searching Jeep for that key thinking shop included it when the purchase of their LA kit... NOPE!

WOW... goooood thing i wasn't on the trail or side of the freeway with a flat. I couldn't take off main wheels let alone the spare.

ORE made zero mention of changing my lug nuts. I know the original lug key was there as i had just changed out the springs. Plus they never called me asking for it.

Americas Tire gave me a socket that fits the splined lug nuts. Yay!! lol

Lesson learned... look over your rig after a shop touches it no matter what shop!!

I'll let them know when i take it back for the 500 mile check up.

I'm sorry to say that's exactly the kind of stuff I was referring to..

Took the jeep back in to ORE for the 500 mile re-torque and lube... met with Mel to ask my questions.

I also mentioned about the lug nuts and he was ready to hand me a spline key to take them off no questions asked. I told him that I sourced the key already so no need.

Apparently the new LA kit increased my horsepower way too much and shredded my serpentine belt when Mel was test driving it... Mel replaced the belt no questions asked and didn't charge me a dime even though she has over 111k miles on her. I asked a few times are they sure and they wouldn't charge me to replace the belt. That was way above my experience with any other shop especially in the Jeep world.

They went through all my concerns and questions and took the time needed to explain everything.

I can't say enough good things about Mel and Off Road Evolution and their LA kit. My Jeep drives night and day better than before. I look forward to taking it out of the mall parking lot soon after my busy season at work slows down in April.

I wish I had this done sooner!!! :rock:

TrailHunter

Hooked
Took the jeep back in to ORE for the 500 mile re-torque and lube... met with Mel to ask my questions.

I also mentioned about the lug nuts and he was ready to hand me a spline key to take them off no questions asked. I told him that I sourced the key already so no need.

Apparently the new LA kit increased my horsepower way too much and shredded my serpentine belt when Mel was test driving it... Mel replaced the belt no questions asked and didn't charge me a dime even though she has over 111k miles on her. I asked a few times are they sure and they wouldn't charge me to replace the belt. That was way above my experience with any other shop especially in the Jeep world.

They went through all my concerns and questions and took the time needed to explain everything.

I can't say enough good things about Mel and Off Road Evolution and their LA kit. My Jeep drives night and day better than before. I look forward to taking it out of the mall parking lot soon after my busy season at work slows down in April.

That's great service!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

That’s awesome! So glad to hear Mel took care of you like he did [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom