Looking at some bumpers...

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I was just looking at LoD bumpers. Did you have their rear as well? If so can you post some pics of it?

I did at one point in time on that JK. I had the full width gen 2 rear bumper with the tire carrier. Very heavy duty and great bumper. I eventually went to no rear bumper on that Jeep. I don't have any decent pics but here's what I do have when I had 35s on that Jeep.

8c9a6ed8.jpg

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I did at one point in time on that JK. I had the full width gen 2 rear bumper with the tire carrier. Very heavy duty and great bumper. I eventually went to no rear bumper on that Jeep. I don't have any decent pics but here's what I do have when I had 35s on that Jeep.

Awesome thanks! I'm still trying to decide what ones I want to get. I change my mind daily. :crazyeyes:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Awesome thanks! I'm still trying to decide what ones I want to get. I change my mind daily. :crazyeyes:

I really like both my LoD bumpers. My only real complaints are the lack of a decent d-ring shackle tab, and the quality of the powder coating. It did not hold up well at all. The tabs that LoD uses are very thin, as you can see from the pics. I'd prefer a thick tab like Evo and many others use on their bumpers. In the pics I posted, the rear bumper is painted with Duplicolor spray on truck bed coating (the stuff in a blue can) because the LoD coating flaked off and rusted underneath. Other than that, no complaints. I have heard that the zinc enriched 2 stage powder coating that is an option on their bumpers now, is significantly better if you live in the northeast where it snows and they use salt on the roads.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I really like both my LoD bumpers. My only real complaints are the lack of a decent d-ring shackle tab, and the quality of the powder coating. It did not hold up well at all. The tabs that LoD uses are very thin, as you can see from the pics. I'd prefer a thick tab like Evo and many others use on their bumpers. In the pics I posted, the rear bumper is painted with Duplicolor spray on truck bed coating (the stuff in a blue can) because the LoD coating flaked off and rusted underneath. Other than that, no complaints. I have heard that the zinc enriched 2 stage powder coating that is an option on their bumpers now, is significantly better if you live in the northeast where it snows and they use salt on the roads.

Well I'm glad I asked. On their website they do offer the zinc for $65 more, I'll probably select that option based on your experience. And I'm glad you pointed out the d ring tabs, honestly just assumed they were thick. Thank you again.

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well I'm glad I asked. On their website they do offer the zinc for $65 more, I'll probably select that option based on your experience. And I'm glad you pointed out the d ring tabs, honestly just assumed they were thick.

I'm not sure what weight rating they have, I winched quite a bit on those bumpers and never had any problems. But if you are someone who leaves their d-rings on all of the time, they will rattle alot with the thin tabs. Some Daystar d-ring spacers or thin pieces of black heater hose to use as spacers cured the clangs and rattles.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm not sure what weight rating they have, I winched quite a bit on those bumpers and never had any problems. But if you are someone who leaves their d-rings on all of the time, they will rattle alot with the thin tabs. Some Daystar d-ring spacers or thin pieces of black heater hose to use as spacers cured the clangs and rattles.

Ball cock shank washers also work.

Top Bottom