Looking for rear bumper w/ tire carrier

Dprochef

Just because they aren't "officially rated" doesn't mean they're only good for bike carriers and such. It costs a lot of money to have something officially tow rated.

I understand that, I just don't know if I want to tow anything that hasn't been proven. Especially if it could involve an accident or damage of my property. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Off roading with just me and my Jeep is a different story

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I understand that, I just don't know if I want to tow anything that hasn't been proven. Especially if it could involve an accident or damage of my property. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Off roading with just me and my Jeep is a different story

Oh, I understand completely. Just thought I would put it out there. I don't run any bumper on both my JK's and still use the factory receiver.

trailraider

i put the Maximus 3 carrier on my Jeep. i have had no issues with it. attaches at the hinges and swings with the gate.

Jays iphone 038.jpg Jays iphone 025.jpg

but i did run into a issue with the same carrier on another Jeep where my buddy tightened the the tie joint to tight, twisted his tailgate and cracked it.

Dprochef

i put the Maximus 3 carrier on my Jeep. i have had no issues with it. attaches at the hinges and swings with the gate.

View attachment 240562 View attachment 240563

but i did run into a issue with the same carrier on another Jeep where my buddy tightened the the tie joint to tight, twisted his tailgate and cracked it.

I've been looking at this type, does it disconnect and swing free of the back door if you want? Or is it permanent nate to the door?

Dprochef

So I found a smittybuilt XRC front a rear Atlas bumper with tire swing that has a class III hitch. Anyone have any experience with this set up

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
Is the latch just loose, do you know what rattles? I really like the look with the gas cans and a place to put the jack. I also like the front bumper.

Any other reviews???

I did adjust the latch some which helped ... the latch itself has some play in it (can see the spare bouncing on rough spots) it's not so bad that I'm in a hurry to change it. all in all it's not a bad bumper I tow with it also

duktrx

I'm running the Warn Elite rear combo. Keeps the factory hitch, and if I remember correctly rated upto running 40" tire/wheel combo. Integrated one swing access with rear gate, and frame mounted. Some don't like the slightly offset mount, but I don't notice it nor mind it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

DIRTYHR

What about a body mounted carrier like Genright, Poison Spyder, or the Evo carrier?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Poison Spyder is a go too! Plus looks BA
ACE is heavy, but cheaper ($1000) and works great. 1/4" steel, tow rated hitch, available back up lights, holds a CB antenna, optional jerry can or hi lift holder available, fits perfect, I have one, as well as 2 others in my club. No rattles or issues in over a year. If you call them, you can get a lower tire mount so you can see out the back. I got one 1.5" lower than it comes with- because they're spec'd for a 37-40" tire. I also flush mounted a mopar 7 pin trailer socket and back up camera in it.

I've heard good stuff on the JCR one too, but have not seen one in person.

Here's the only pic I have of mine while on my work computer:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom