Looking for some fun trails to run in Cali

bldmncj

Anyone on 35's with lockers won't struggle so much and there's only a few spots where that applies. Go to youtube, look up john bull and see for yourself

Ok so what day are we going to run the John Bull. Need to plan some easy stuff for the other day for those on 33's

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Ok so what day are we going to run the John Bull. Need to plan some easy stuff for the other day for those on 33's

They could run Jonh bull on 33s from what you said how's everyone is In the group they should make it but the is the possibility of body damage on any rigs . John Bull could be a good Saturday run let me get in touch with night crawler and a couple other people and I can help set u up with trails for fri and sat

2013 jkr
And no I did not forget the u in jkr :) 2 door life

Looney Tune

Calico...the doran and odessa canyon loop...very fun trail..with camping at calico ghost town..check it out on YouTube

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using WAYALIFE mobile app

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
Calico...the doran and odessa canyon loop...very fun trail..with camping at calico ghost town..check it out on YouTube

That's a lil bit of a drive from big bear tho

2013 jkr

Looney Tune

And if you do John bull you also have Dishpan springs and Holcomb creek...all in the same area..you can go from one to the other and camp..

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
And if you do John bull you also have Dishpan springs and Holcomb creek...all in the same area..you can go from one to the other and camp..

That's always a good run too thanks looney

2013 jkr

safecracker909

Oynx summit is a fun trail to get you warmed up. Great for 33"s. Finish that day with Tip Top Mountain to get the best view around.

Depending on the number of rigs that will be present. Multiple runs can be accomplished to include Gold Mountain, John Bull, Holcolm Creek, and Dishpan. If more than 10 rigs, you can still do two out of the four runs. I've done all four with three rigs, but it was a full day.

At Big Bear Forest Fest , I led a run to John Bull with 25 rigs, that was an all day event in its self. We had a minimum of 33" and one locker. I've been on it with rigs with open lockers. Just be prepared to use straps to pull rigs through.

Last edited:

bldmncj

Oynx summit is a fun trail to get you warmed up. Great for 33"s. Finish that day with Tip Top Mountain to get the best view around.

Depending on the number of rigs that will be present. Multiple runs can be accomplished to include Gold Mountain, John Bull, Holcolm Creek, and Dishpan. If more than 10 rigs, you can still do two out of the four runs. I've done all four with three rigs, but it was a full day.

At Big Bear Forest Fest , I led a run to John Bull with 25 rigs, that was an all day event in its self. We had a minimum of 33" and one locker. I've been on it with rigs with open lockers. Just be prepared to use straps to pull rigs through.

I watched a couple videos on Gold Mountain and wanted to do that one too. Looks like we will Start out on Saturday With John Bull then could do others from there. How does that sound.

safecracker909

I watched a couple videos on Gold Mountain and wanted to do that one too. Looks like we will Start out on Saturday With John Bull then could do others from there. How does that sound.

It would be better to do Gold Mountain and then John Bull on the same day.

NightKrawler

Hello safecracker. so it looks like you Tweetie and I need to come up with a plan for Saturday and it doesn't seem like there's anything engraved in stone yet. I would like to suggest starting in Lake Arrowhead, doing dishpan springs and working our way to Holcomb Valley Trail and finishing the day with John Bull so we start easy and finish hard rather than starting off on John Ball in the midday Sun. Let me know what you think

safecracker909

Hello safecracker. so it looks like you Tweetie and I need to come up with a plan for Saturday and it doesn't seem like there's anything engraved in stone yet. I would like to suggest starting in Lake Arrowhead, doing dishpan springs and working our way to Holcomb Valley Trail and finishing the day with John Bull so we start easy and finish hard rather than starting off on John Ball in the midday Sun. Let me know what you think

I am up for anything. It really depends on the group and where they are staying and what they want to do. So here are a few good choices to choose from.

Good runs for a medium size group.
Dishpan to Holcolm Valley (scenic) to John Bull. Meet in Arrowhead.
Dishpan to Holcolm Creek. Meet in Arrowhead.
Gold Mountain to Little John Bull to John Bull. Meet at Big Bear Discovery Center.
A good scenic run would be Heartbreak Ridge (Onyx Summit) to Tip Top Mountain. Meet anywhere in Big Bear or down the hill in Redlands.

I think the group just needs to decide and let us know.

Last edited:

tweetie7123

I'm a LOSER
I am up for anything. It really depends on the group and where they are staying and what they want to do. So here are a few good choicest I choose from.

Gold Mountain to Little John Bull to John Bull. Meet at Big Bear Discovery Center.
A good scenic run would be Heartbreak Ridge (Onyx Summit) to Tip Top Mountain. Meet anywhere in Big Bear or down the hill in Redlands.

I agree

2013 jkr

bldmncj

I am up for anything. It really depends on the group and where they are staying and what they want to do. So here are a few good choices to choose from.

It doesn't really matter to me or our group. We don't know the area or trails so what ever you guys think is a good run for us. i think most of our rigs are capable of doing any those trails... The majority of us are staying at the Best western chateau at big bear lake.

We are having a group meeting tonight so i will show the guys and gals what trails you all have mentioned......

Top Bottom