Lost Yeti's Build Thread

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I’m back…and we bought a JLU, finally!

The Air Force has been good to me and my wife’s been killing it (we’ve had 2 kids and she’s killing it at being a teacher) so it’s her daily but I’m gonna mod it of course.

It’s a hydro blue 22 JLU Sport w/ soft top that we ordered from Bluebonnet Jeep in New Braunfels, TX. Already buying some JLU Sahara steps tomorrow for it.

Gonna try to be active around here again! :) B22C63B3-4347-41EE-B481-3C3709CE8B07.jpeg BF858F7A-BE75-402B-89A7-8EF2DA58E70A.jpeg 5832D63E-6FAA-44BA-AE7C-9ED4F972F898.jpeg

WJCO

Meme King
I’m back…and we bought a JLU, finally!

The Air Force has been good to me and my wife’s been killing it (we’ve had 2 kids and she’s killing it at being a teacher) so it’s her daily but I’m gonna mod it of course.

It’s a hydro blue 22 JLU Sport w/ soft top that we ordered from Bluebonnet Jeep in New Braunfels, TX. Already buying some JLU Sahara steps tomorrow for it.

Gonna try to be active around here again! :) View attachment 372123 View attachment 372124 View attachment 372125
Welcome back and congrats. Good color choice.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thanks, man.

already picked up the Sahara steps. Eventually if this ever becomes more than a soccer mom jeep I’ll work with a buddy up in Austin to build rock rails w/ steps but for now the OE Sahara steps will be perfect.

I’m going to find some water/weather proof lights to make puddle/step lights. Nothing crazy but a step below actual rock lights lol everything I found on quadratic and extreme terrain were obnoxiously priced for what I want to do so I’ll hit up SuperBrightLED’s site and see what I can do.

Anyone think a write up on that would be useful? I’m sure there’s a bunch of threads on rock lights but maybe not for retrofitting LEDs to the OE side steps/rock rails. I’ll put together my list and go from there. We’ll see if a “how to” gets made or not haha

*edit: Sahara side steps install done. Don’t like the look of those much but they’ll do their job; get my 5 year old and short foot wife in and out of the Jeep. Definitely want to work with my friend I mentioned to build sliders with steps. Would be far better looking if nothing else lmao

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thank you!

Random question for the populous. Will color matched JT flares direct fit to JLUs and is $400 a good price for a full set? Asking for a friend 👀

*edit: nvm, think we’re gonna keep the black flares and maybe hunt for a color match hard top one day.

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Buying these! They’re getting delivered tomorrow 🙌
100 miles on them, and I’m getting all 5.

83617635-8EBB-45BC-BE81-CFDCE3640D77.jpg
*edit, they’re stacked in my garage 😎 just gotta put them on! Will take pics and post when I do.

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
new wheels and tires installed! Lesson learned…air them up while they’re piled up so you don’t have to sit with your little Ryobi hand pump thing in the street at 8 o’clock at night annoying your neighbors 😅
408B27D7-30FA-4EC4-A320-901315C0CB72.jpeg D236202A-5E9E-491D-8032-D52A0D3494FC.jpeg
I don’t know if we’ll do anything serious from here for a little while (lift? Bumpers? 33s? On-board air?) but she’s got a nickname: Bluey (as in the kids TV show and cause she’s blue). So if I get into any crazy mods I’ll start a separate build thread for this rig…but for now, I think it’s time to end the Lost Yeti thread.

Last edited:
Top Bottom