Lost Yeti's Build Thread

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah I was trying to come up with a way and it's just not gonna happen without putting some money into new plastic and such it's easier, and free, to chop my stock fenders and put them back on.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Just did this today:
Quicl Disco Pic.jpg

Homemade disco's I made with the help of this link:
http://4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html

The drivers side is very tight but the passenger side is really loose. I'm hoping after a few weeks of driving it'll settle itself out and equalize on both sides because as of now it's a bit of a PITA to put them back on. We shall see Thanksgiving weekend after a trip to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, TX.

I'm planning on getting my fenders trimmed and back on I just have to find a place to trim them at.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I FINALLY chopped my fenders :) I'm pretty proud of them :p
Finished Flares 1.jpg
Finished Flares 2.jpg
Flares WIP.jpg
Flares Taped Off.jpg

I have MetalCloak Aluminum inner fenders but apparently they're made to be used with their front fender flares which I don't have which mean I'd have to drill holes in the fender. NOPE! Not when I wanted to keep the stockers. I'm going to save and get their front fenders and then later the rears. Sucks but oh well.

I have another set of knockoff Dually's coming and I'm going to tool around with a set of OEM fog lights my buddy is giving me. Theoretically, with some minor trimming, you could get a set of Dually's to work in the part of the fog light that get bolted onto bumpers. You'll see more of that come January lol

I bought a set of Rubi Rails finally! I'll be installing them on Monday night before I leave for Wyoming Tuesday morning (flying not driving :( )

Christmas should bring some more Jeep gifts from my parents and brother so I'm looking forward to that.

I have an excel spreadsheet of what I want to buy and I'm trying to keep it as cheap as possible. So far I think I'm doing really good :D

I'm saving for an sPOD and rear bumper stuff (the new EVO Fascia stuff :thumb: ). I'm hoping to get more LEDs too

*Edit: oh and I cleaned her real good after this. I've been neglecting her lately so I'ma try to be better about keeping her clean when not off roading haha

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah I think so too. I didn't mind it without but the holes needed to be filled/covered. I like it a lot though, I'm proud of it.

KPM171

Just did this today:
View attachment 56891

Homemade disco's I made with the help of this link:
http://4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html

The drivers side is very tight but the passenger side is really loose. I'm hoping after a few weeks of driving it'll settle itself out and equalize on both sides because as of now it's a bit of a PITA to put them back on. We shall see Thanksgiving weekend after a trip to Hidden Falls Adventure Park in Marble Falls, TX.

I'm planning on getting my fenders trimmed and back on I just have to find a place to trim them at.
Very cool DIY. :thumb: Try a rubber mallet to make 'encouraging' the sway bar links back in their place easier. I always have one with me when I wheel.

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Gracias Mr. KP :) I have plans for using a pair of stock fog lights and using Cubes (knockoff Duallys) to make it work. I' trying to get nifty with my DIY skills lmfao

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
So here is my first ever edited video :D It's not too shabby in my opinion lol it's not the most interesting wheeling you'll ever see but it's something to help me ease on into this video editing thing lol I have to learn how to properly use my GoPro Hero3+ somehow lol it looks best in 1080P and in the larger screen and even better in full screen :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkp2G-p9weI

That was teh first of three failed hill climb attempts ... I really needed a good spotter to help. I was picking good lines but kept hittin loose dirt or kept getting caught on/in between big limestone rocks and ledges. I'll get em next time!

I'll be making more videos with the rest of the footage I have from this trip but they'll take longer because they require more editing to keep them from being long and boring of me just putting around from obstacle to obstacle lol so for now, please enjoy this and keep an eye out for more ;)

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Well done man! Can't wait to see more. Your gonna have to come show me how to edit video.

With YouTubes free video editor its easy but you can't do a whole lot. I need to get some form of dedicated software to do it but for now, just to start learning, I'm using whats free haha GoPro has free software but I didn't wanna download anything at the time but after finding out you can't speed up the video any via the YouTube editor, I might go ahead and download it tonight.

Thanks for the compliment man.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I got my new LED reverse lights in yesterday so I installed them at night :) Here's the link to the lights: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181125910961?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

And heres the pictures...at first I installed them backwards so they didn't work (dumb on my part) but now they're working great and are bright as hell! I like them a lot. I still want to put either a 20" single row light bar back there or some single row driving lights (James knows what I'm talking about).
View attachment LED Reverse Lights.bmp
View attachment LED Reverse Light Install.bmp
View attachment LED Reverse Lights Lit.bmp

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Installed the Daystar Hood Wranglers tonight...it was such a PITA with limited tools but I was able to finally get it done. I hope they stretch out a little bit because they're ridiculously tight right now lol No pics sorry they're nothing special anyway haha

Atch

Installed the Daystar Hood Wranglers tonight...it was such a PITA with limited tools but I was able to finally get it done. I hope they stretch out a little bit because they're ridiculously tight right now lol No pics sorry they're nothing special anyway haha

They will stretch out a little bit over time. All you need for tools are two vice grips and two screwdrivers.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
They will stretch out a little bit over time. All you need for tools are two vice grips and two screwdrivers.

Good to hear and I had several screw drivers but no vice grips so I had to man handle the crap out of the stock clip things to get them off.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I got an sPOD and installed it. Can't wait to get everything wired up to it (I still need to get a 20" light bar for the front, another set of knockoff pods for the rear, LED rock lights, and a 12V outlet for the rear). I ran into a Marine Jeeper on base a few weeks ago and invited him to wheel with us two Saturdays ago with a huge ass group of Jeeps locally and in return he gave me some Rugged Ridge d-ring mounts for free. I also installed a set of pods as replacement fog lights a few weeks ago that I made a write up for on here but I guess I didn't put that in here.

Pics of all the above lol:
sPOD 3.jpg
sPOD 2.jpg
sPOD 1.jpg
Rugged Ridge D-Ring Mounuts Done.jpg
Rugged RIdge D-Ring Mounts In Progress.jpg
Done.jpg

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Those look great! Are you sure about that eBay link tho? According to that page, these LEDs aren't compatible with 2013 Wranglers.

I might've accidentally put a wrong link. Mine definitely said it works with the '13s

*Edit: idk why it says it doesn't work but it totally does. Thats the product I bought and they obviously work.

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Gorgeous Lost Yeti.jpg
Finally topless! I love living in Texas sometimes lol the weather is iffy but worth the top down weather in February haha

I realized that when i removed my stock rear bumper I kept the little metal tabs on it so I pulled them to use as mounts for my new single row LED pods. I'm just waiting on them to come in so i can pick them up :D I'm hoping I'll get them tomorrow. The following pics are of the mounts. I won't be using those exact U shaped 'hangers' because they'll be too wide for the lights but I just wanted to get a general idea of how the lights will sit. I'm very happy with it :)
Reverse Light Mounts 1.jpg
Reverse Light Mounts 2.jpg
Reverse Light Mounts 3.jpg

MTG

Caught the Bug
View attachment 70051
Finally topless! I love living in Texas sometimes lol the weather is iffy but worth the top down weather in February haha

I realized that when i removed my stock rear bumper I kept the little metal tabs on it so I pulled them to use as mounts for my new single row LED pods. I'm just waiting on them to come in so i can pick them up :D I'm hoping I'll get them tomorrow. The following pics are of the mounts. I won't be using those exact U shaped 'hangers' because they'll be too wide for the lights but I just wanted to get a general idea of how the lights will sit. I'm very happy with it :)
View attachment 70052
View attachment 70053
View attachment 70054

Looks good! How's the humidity there?

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Thanks! My phone says it's 61% lol I'm in West Texas so our Humidity usually isn't that bad, though this morning we had a ridiculous amount of fog.
Can't See Shit.jpg

Top Bottom