Lost Yeti's Build Thread

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I haven't updated this in a little while. I've been to Hidden Falls Adventure Park and my local trails with 20 Jeeps since these pics lol

Because of the Hidden Falls trip, I am now just going to trim my plastic fenders since I crunched one pretty good lol pics!!!
null_zps169abd1c.jpg

null_zps43e968f1.jpg

null_zps10e63f65.jpg

DaytimeBehindJason_zpsb9d03075.jpg

Pitstop_zpsb8e0d96f.jpg

Dinner run rime,
null_zpsd3f3946c.jpg

null_zps710f422c.jpg

null_zps2177916f.jpg

Night wheeling for the first time ever! It was fun,
null_zpse12bca01.jpg

Fender that got crushed night wheeling,
TrailDamage_zps2e102345.jpg

Cool part of the trail
null_zps5ef9770a.jpg

Posin' time lol
null_zps6e159680.jpg

LEDPosing_zpsbd2118f0.jpg

PosingWithLEDsOn_zps6421ccbd.jpg

null_zps88ed82d6.jpg

Airing up in the pitch black. Thank God we all had lights haha
AiredUpAtNight_zpsb5b8b22b.jpg

Twin Buttes Reservoir Trails pics will follow.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Actually, I'm going to upload the twin butte ones tonight cause all those pics are on my laptop lol

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Some photos from Twin Buttes. I couldn't get the ones of us actually offroading for whatever reason but these are here for whatever they're worth.
IMG_1032.jpg
IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1053.JPG
IMG_1082.jpg

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I want to trim my fenders this weekend. I have a dremel tool my buddy let me borrow (a wall outlet one...mine is a cordless POS lol). Anyway, I know how I want to chop them but the fronts are really throwing me off. I keep going back and forth...do I need to keep the "waffle supports" (as I call them) or could I live without them? I do A LOT of highway driving so don't want them flopping around all over the place. Thanks for any help

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I want to trim my fenders this weekend. I have a dremel tool my buddy let me borrow (a wall outlet one...mine is a cordless POS lol). Anyway, I know how I want to chop them but the fronts are really throwing me off. I keep going back and forth...do I need to keep the "waffle supports" (as I call them) or could I live without them? I do A LOT of highway driving so don't want them flopping around all over the place. Thanks for any help

I would keep them and just trim them down. I used the write up on projectjk as a reference for where I should trim the "waffle" support

Sent from my iPhone

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah but I was tempted to just remove the waffle thing since it seems to be a bit of a pita to cut...idk

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yeah but I was tempted to just remove the waffle thing since it seems to be a bit of a pita to cut...idk

It's quite easy actually and provides a good amount of support. The little extra time helps

Sent from my iPhone

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah the more me and my friend talk about doing it the more time I realize its gonna take lol

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Tell me how I never realized who you were until that Abilene thread haha yeah idk, the write up I saw was showing they used a dremel so I have hope haha thanks for all your input throughout my thread Daniel, even if I just now realized it was you lmfao

LittleD-Tj

I've seen and think I've commented on some stuff u had too. I'm not on here much just peek in occasionally. Lol. I did my jk and tj both with a jig saw.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
So a fun 'mod' ... I am a sticker whore after all lmao
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1380928781.710331.jpg
So that's fun but tomorrow I'll be chopping my fenders. I took out the rear inner fenders just now. I'm so excited for tomorrow!!!

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
So...I had plans to trim my fenders this weekend but having no power outlet is going to prevent that from happening. My buddies on base housing overhang for parking had no power for whatever reason. Dumb! I wasn't gonna pay to use the on base auto hobby shop to cut my fenders since I have no idea how long it'll end up taking. Sucks but oh well...I already have the rear inner fenders out and thrown away so now it's time for the trimming! I'll be doing it at my friends place this Sunday :brows:

Conman

So...I had plans to trim my fenders this weekend but having no power outlet is going to prevent that from happening. My buddies on base housing overhang for parking had no power for whatever reason. Dumb! I wasn't gonna pay to use the on base auto hobby shop to cut my fenders since I have no idea how long it'll end up taking. Sucks but oh well...I already have the rear inner fenders out and thrown away so now it's time for the trimming! I'll be doing it at my friends place this Sunday :brows:

Chain saw. May not look pretty but it will get the job done. :)

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Only the rear inner fenders because theres only three small pins that hold it to the tub. I'm going to Duplicolor bed line them when I'm done with the fender chop on Sunday. I'm going to attempt to salvage my front inner fenders but idk...it'll be tough to trim the waffle supports I've been tempted to just take it off.

LittleD-Tj

If u plan on playing in mud much inner fenders help a lot. I wouldn't destroy the waffle plate if taking it off. Probably will want it back on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Only the rear inner fenders because theres only three small pins that hold it to the tub. I'm going to Duplicolor bed line them when I'm done with the fender chop on Sunday. I'm going to attempt to salvage my front inner fenders but idk...it'll be tough to trim the waffle supports I've been tempted to just take it off.

the waffle support is very easy to trim down to the correct size. a few cuts and its hidden. i used eddies write up when i did my fenders and the supports. as for the front liner just try to trim it to the best of your ability to get it to fit. i will take a few pics of mine later to see if i can show you were i cut mine.

Top Bottom