Lost Yeti's Build Thread

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Me Working.jpg

Fender Gone.jpg

Done & Done.jpg

No Fender Flare Brothers.jpg

Started off with plans of cutting the fenders basically in half and then decided to only trim to the edge like many Jeepers on here do. Then while removing them my fiancee and my 3 other friends who were all supervising said "hmmm that looks pretty good" so off everything came! And yes I passed at least 6 cops/sheriffs on my 3 and a half hour drive back home and no one pulled me over so I'm good :evil snicker:

JKWrang

Hey! I saw your rig on Rough country's facebook... go you!!

Sent from my phone while I should probably be getting work done

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah lol thanks! I have their front bumper and show it of when I can, then share it every now and then :)))

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
This next paycheck I'll be ordering 33" Falken Rocky Mountain ATS IIs from Discount Tire Direct :thumb: Can't wait to get them installed.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
What Lee-Roy got me and my fiancee into this weekend :) I can't wait to get my new tires! Soon...very soon!

IG Going Up.jpg
IG Coming Down.jpg
IG Flexed.jpg
Going Up 0.1.jpg
Going Up 0.2.jpg
Going Up 1.jpg
Going Up 2.jpg
Going Up 3.jpg
Going Up 4.jpg
Going Up 5.jpg
Going Up 6.jpg
Going Up 7.jpg
Going Up 8.jpg
Coming Down 2.jpg
Coming Down 3.jpg
CCO Front Ends.jpg
CCO Meets WTC Front Angle.jpg
CCO Meets WTC Side View.jpg
CCO Meets WTC Rear Ends.jpg
CCO Rear Ends.jpg

I loved how much flex I got from her without the fenders! A huge difference! :thumb: I have 7 more pics to upload here in a second post.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
The last couple picstures. If my buddies send me the video/pics of me they got, I'll add it to either this post or I'll make a new one :thumb:
Lee-Roy Flexed.jpg
Lee-Roy Flexed 3.jpg
Lee-Roy Flexed 2.jpg
Lee-Roy Tight Fit 1.jpg
Lee-Roy Tight Fit 2.jpg
Lee-Roy Tight Fit 3.jpg
Lee-Roy vs Jason Flexed.jpg

JK's JK

Banned
This next paycheck I'll be ordering 33" Falken Rocky Mountain ATS IIs from Discount Tire Direct :thumb: Can't wait to get them installed.

I've heard the Falken tires are not a good tire over all. Wayalife went on a Falken supported event and the tires did not hold up compared to others.

FrankenJeeper

I've heard the Falken tires are not a good tire over all. Wayalife went on a Falken supported event and the tires did not hold up compared to others.

I'm running the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS in 35x12.50 and I don't have many complaints out of them. My JK is my daily driver so I needed a tire that was going to be decent on the road, that and price was the deciding factor for me. There are many more tires that are more aggressive and durable off-road, but I'm very pleased with my Falken's with close to 20k miles and not much wear on them, especially for the price.

JK's JK

Banned
I'm running the Falken Rocky Mountain ATS in 35x12.50 and I don't have many complaints out of them. My JK is my daily driver so I needed a tire that was going to be decent on the road, that and price was the deciding factor for me. There are many more tires that are more aggressive and durable off-road, but I'm very pleased with my Falken's with close to 20k miles and not much wear on them, especially for the price.

The options about the tires are more into how aggressive they were rock crawling. On the street I'm sure there good.

The options about the tires are more into how aggressive they were rock crawling. On the street I'm sure there good.

One of the complaints I had with them was how much work it was to balance them. I made them go away and got KM2's instead.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

JK's JK

Banned
One of the complaints I had with them was how much work it was to balance them. I made them go away and got KM2's instead.

We are Jeep..Resistance is futile..

That's right. That was the other complaint that I heard as well. Some tires just don't do well in balancing. But you never know. The Falken's you got must have been a bad batch :thinking:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Hmmm I know Falken hasn't been around in the off road tire for all that long so if you had those tires a few years ago when they were adjusting their compounds and designs/etc you might've got a bad set. Who knows, I do know that for how much I drive on the highway they'll be great and the wear is really good. Aired down theyre great for crawling IMO but mud I'd have to be weary of. I already don't enjoy swimming in mud anyway so that's A-O-K with me lol also I have access to a on base auto hobby shop where my tires can be reballanced any given weekend for cheap so I'm not really worried about that. If I loose a weight I'll just toss the spare on 'til I can get to the hobby shop (unless I loose weights on more than one wheel. Then that'd suck haha

LittleD-Tj

I ran the Rocky Mountain ATS on my 1/2 ton dodge pickup and worked great for highway and light off-road. I'm not sure they are all that great for crawling. Just my opinion.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Yeah I didn't think so either but they did one of the JK Experiences a few years ago and they seemed to do real well. Granted that was the Wild Peaks but these tires are not much different tread wise. The ATS IIs are a grippier compound too...idk much about it but thats what I was reading/being told.

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Ordered my 33" Falken Rocky Mountain ATS IIs today :) Will hopefully be here on Monday! I'm so excited

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
Movin' on up! Looking good!:thumb:

*Edit: OH and I had them use the sticky weights on the inside of the rim 1.) so I don't have to worry about knocking a weight off when wheeling and 2.) I have a PlastiDip kit that I've been saving :brows:

Last edited:

Kenny-g

Caught the Bug
I'm trying to find time this weekend to chop my fenders and put them back on. I'm tired of people bitching about how it looks without them. I know I shouldn't because it's my Jeep and not theres but the shit gets old hearing it 3 or 4 times a day from 2 people lol

Also, I'm helping my friend get his new LED Lighting company off the ground. He's basically a distributor for some high quality shit. My rig is going to be one of his "poster boy" Jeeps and we're going to attempt to make it to SEMA next year pulling our other friends new Trailers he wants to start producing. We'll see how this goes but I'm definitely going to be the poster rig for his LED company. I already have his Pods (or Cubes as most companies call them) so now we're planning on a 50" up top, a 20" on the front and 20" on the rear, then another set of pods in the fog lights. I'll want rock lights if he ends up having those too, we'll see.

cap

I'm trying to find time this weekend to chop my fenders and put them back on. I'm tired of people bitching about how it looks without them. I know I shouldn't because it's my Jeep and not theres but the shit gets old hearing it 3 or 4 times a day from 2 people lol

Also, I'm helping my friend get his new LED Lighting company off the ground. He's basically a distributor for some high quality shit. My rig is going to be one of his "poster boy" Jeeps and we're going to attempt to make it to SEMA next year pulling our other friends new Trailers he wants to start producing. We'll see how this goes but I'm definitely going to be the poster rig for his LED company. I already have his Pods (or Cubes as most companies call them) so now we're planning on a 50" up top, a 20" on the front and 20" on the rear, then another set of pods in the fog lights. I'll want rock lights if he ends up having those too, we'll see.

While checking out your JK, I was thinking that 'no fenders' would look better if you could somehow give them a finished look. ie. covering over the holes. You might want to consider this before you reinstall the fenders.:twocents:

Top Bottom