LS Conversions and State Inspections

The LS drivetrain electronics isn’t the hard part, nor is the Jeep. It’s when you start trying control things from one side to the other.

Now when it comes to engine selection, be careful. Most people don’t realize that there’s 3 different LS3 options and none of them are cheap. In my opinion, the L9H variant with a LS9 cam is the perfect LS swap. I say L9H because they can usually be bought way cheaper than the LS3, which is what you’ll ultimately end up with after the cam change. Almost the entire engine is the same with the exception of a few components. Plus with the L9H you get the truck intake, which is much larger than the LS3’s intake. Price you out the crate LS3 rated for 525hp, then price a L9H, the VVT delete kit, new springs (blue), and the LS9 cam. That cam swap will put you very close to the same number as the 525 LS3, but for way less money. Go with the Kooks long tube header kit and request weld in mounts. You should also use a Circle D billet torque converter with a 2800 stall. This setup is pretty fucking fun to drive in a JK.

Oh, one more thing about LS swaps in JK’s. Be prepared to drive it every single day, or leave a battery tender on it. There’s a battery draw on the system that is notorious for killing your battery after a couple of days sitting. Never happened on the RPM kits though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I’m looking at doing the RPM wiring harness kit to use their CanBus system to talk GM to Mopar

Exodus 4x4

I’m looking at doing the RPM wiring harness kit to use their CanBus system to talk GM to Mopar

That one works well, but the fan control is non existent. It will run hotter. The fan tables can’t be altered nearly as easily as they can with the Motech harness. Supposedly John can change them to do whatever you want, but my customer hasn’t had any luck getting him to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom