LS engine swap

Another one we did! Going to be posting a video of it idling. Nothing sweeter than an LS3 with a cam lopping along.

Attachments

• IMG_4981.jpg
    IMG_4981.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 230

jeeeep

Hooked
Another one we did! Going to be posting a video of it idling. Nothing sweeter than an LS3 with a cam lopping along.

how's the low-mid torque on the LS3? is there a recommended axle or will D44 work fine.
must resist the forces of doing an LS sooner than later lol

how's the low-mid torque on the LS3? is there a recommended axle or will D44 work fine.
must resist the forces of doing an LS sooner than later lol

Very good low end torque. I can say this, we have been doing Hemi's a long time and the LS3 conversion is starting to replace the Hemi option. We still have die hard Hemi guys but most customers are now leaning LS.

Havoc40

Sounds similar to a MagnaFlow. Could definitely be wrong though. Stock cam?

Nice work, makes me wanna get mine done soo bad!

Havoc40

My guess is it's the 480 cam the way it's lopping. Sounds similar to mine that's why i asked which muffler.

480 cam? Sorry I don't know what that is...definitely didn't sound stock though. I'm in the valve train business, and deal with a shit ton of LS cams.

EDIT: its the GM hot cam

Last edited:
480 cam? Sorry I don't know what that is...definitely didn't sound stock though. I'm in the valve train business, and deal with a shit ton of LS cams.

EDIT: its the GM hot cam

Yea the GM "hot cam" part 809-88958733. Once the tune is set up its amazing. You also have to modify your torque converter about 400 rpm higher than stock. I don't have a ton of miles on it yet but so far been super happy.

Havoc40

Yea the GM "hot cam" part 809-88958733. Once the tune is set up its amazing. You also have to modify your torque converter about 400 rpm higher than stock. I don't have a ton of miles on it yet but so far been super happy.

I bet. I know I'm jealous! For now I just get to watch these videos and look at my engine on the engine stand. Why do axles have to be soo damn expensive!

SaddleTramp

Dean, look into Dixie 4x4 in St. George, UT too.

They've been doing a lot of JK LS and Hemi swaps recently and may be a closer option for you all.

I'm curious who has done this swap in California, and how difficult it is to get it through the smog process.

Well I'm in CA and have run all smog cats, sensors, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure it would pass any sniffer, smog tests BUUUUT I have not seen the referee yet and there is more too it. I have spoke to several and they have told me it's going to be tough but not impossible. They would not sit down with me prior to the swap to but they directed me to emissions warranty. That's the biggest hurdle. Every vehicle falls underneath it until a specific time / mileage.

Top Bottom