LS engine swap

Well I'm in CA and have run all smog cats, sensors, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure it would pass any sniffer, smog tests BUUUUT I have not seen the referee yet and there is more too it. I have spoke to several and they have told me it's going to be tough but not impossible. They would not sit down with me prior to the swap to but they directed me to emissions warranty. That's the biggest hurdle. Every vehicle falls underneath it until a specific time / mileage.

Move to Amador county and you don't have to worry about it.

bfschor

Hey guys, I've been trying to follow as many threads as I can regarding LS engine swaps - especially those done through MoTech. One thing I haven't seen are any before and after interior shots from when someone switches from a 6-speed to an auto.

Can anyone help with some pictures or point me where I can find some? Thanks!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hey guys, I've been trying to follow as many threads as I can regarding LS engine swaps - especially those done through MoTech. One thing I haven't seen are any before and after interior shots from when someone switches from a 6-speed to an auto.

Can anyone help with some pictures or point me where I can find some? Thanks!

Moby went from a standard to an auto.

kyle521

Wheres the best place to search for low mileage used engines? I feel like if you buy smart and do the swap yourself you could do the whole swap for around 10k

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Lnq, car part, ebay, local salvage yards. All depends what you want for engine. Most 6.0 or 6.2 drop outs are 5k+ for engine/trans/harness. Depending how low mileage even more. Just need to keep eye out

Dean454

Dean, look into Dixie 4x4 in St. George, UT too.

They've been doing a lot of JK LS and Hemi swaps recently and may be a closer option for you all.

That's a great idea. My son goes to Dixie state so maybe I'll check them out on our next visit

Dean454

Lnq, car part, ebay, local salvage yards. All depends what you want for engine. Most 6.0 or 6.2 drop outs are 5k+ for engine/trans/harness. Depending how low mileage even more. Just need to keep eye out

This is something I need to consider. I'm sure there are plenty of good used engines out there and saving money is always a good thing

Top Bottom