Lucky - a 17 JKU build

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
So question. This only happened on one ball joint but its loose and I didnt have to press it in. What should I do? It's the top ball joint.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BaddestCross

So question. This only happened on one ball joint but its loose and I didnt have to press it in. What should I do? It's the top ball joint.

Are you saying that your top ball joint is so loose in the knuckle that you don't need a press? If so, you might need a new ball joint and/or a new knuckle depending on what's that worn out. [emoji15]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Are you saying that your top ball joint is so loose in the knuckle that you don't need a press? If so, you might need a new ball joint and/or a new knuckle depending on what's that worn out. [emoji15]

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407
Well the ball joint is a new prosteer. Weird it only happened on one. The ball joints coming out look identical. Is this where a knurled ball joint style is needed?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
And can't press the old one in. It's so shot I can't tighten the nut without it spinning.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I just thought of something, if your ball joint is loose that is your axle not your knuckle, but if you need it I’d still send it to you

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Oh you're right! Don't worry about sending it then. I'll call dynatrac Monday and see what they recommend.

bmkrinne

IMG_0355.jpg

That was easy!!!! Only problem is Dynatrac has an 8-10 week backlog on new axles.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Scored this jeep from a neighbor. This kid is in heaven right now. Already tried crawling over a pile of branches while I was doing yard work. Love this kid. 20200715_125413.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Added a rear d ring mount and rear diff/pinion skid. Had to revert back to the stock cover, thanks for the donation Mark! Think I'm just about ready for moab. Just gotta rebuild the rest of my control arms. 20200718_112225.jpg 20200718_112239.jpg 20200718_112305.jpg

Top Bottom