Lucky - a 17 JKU build

I agree. It looks like you can shorten both pieces by at least 2 bolt holes, 3 if you go aggressive and cut the diagonal brace slightly. All your bolts will still engage and secure the two pieces. It’ll cut your moment forces down considerably.

Plus you’ll get rid of the two donkey dicks!! Haha!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ok, that stinks. That bolt running through the middle section made me think there was some room for trimming and reassembly.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for saying something, never would have thought about this.

I agree. It looks like you can shorten both pieces by at least 2 bolt holes, 3 if you go aggressive and cut the diagonal brace slightly. All your bolts will still engage and secure the two pieces. It’ll cut your moment forces down considerably.

Plus you’ll get rid of the two donkey dicks!! Haha!!!

That last comment [emoji23] looks like I have another project this weekend!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Went out and bought a wifi obdii scanner since I don't have a tuner anymore. Downloaded and bought a license for obd JScan and gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it. I can't tune but I never really saw any improvements with it but I have a lot of options on changing things. It even has a trail view option to lock and unlocked lockers with some info readings. I was even able to unlock the settings to add a backup camera instead of having it flashed at the dealership. Highly recommend this route if anyone needs these options. Think I paid around $40 for everything. Looks like I still have to work on my steering wheel! 20200423_083024.jpgScreenshot_20200423-083218_OBD%20JScan.jpgScreenshot_20200423-083222_OBD%20JScan.jpgScreenshot_20200423-083226_OBD%20JScan.jpgScreenshot_20200423-083237_OBD%20JScan.jpgScreenshot_20200423-083231_OBD%20JScan.jpgScreenshot_20200423-083311_OBD%20JScan.jpg

That’s pretty cool! Does. It give the capability to change tire size and gear ratios along with adjusting TPMS settings?

That’s pretty cool! Does. It give the capability to change tire size and gear ratios along with adjusting TPMS settings?

It does. There's a screenshot of all the options you can change. Everything my old tuner could do plus a couple more that it couldn't, like the camera.

Ahh so much better. Lowered the tire to the lowest position on the carrier also. Dunno why I had it up so high to begin with. Was able to shave off 2 inches to make it closer to the Jeep. 20200424_080908.jpg

Round 1 of rebuilding krawler joints
Joints 1 - Me 0
Was able to get off one joint but broke the tool on the second. Now I'm deciding on whether to try another tool or just say screw it and buy another pair of control arms. The retainers are on there pretty tight and I tried soaking them in pb blaster to no avail. Not a big deal but one of the set screws is hammered so I'll have to extract that also. 20200426_130454.jpg

Round 1 of rebuilding krawler joints
Joints 1 - Me 0
Was able to get off one joint but broke the tool on the second. Now I'm deciding on whether to try another tool or just say screw it and buy another pair of control arms. The retainers are on there pretty tight and I tried soaking them in pb blaster to no avail. Not a big deal but one of the set screws is hammered so I'll have to extract that also. View attachment 346150

My friend ran Rock Krawler and had the same issues trying to rebuild them.

If they are older style, they used red loctite to keep them from coming loose and require heat to break the red loctite.

My friend ran Rock Krawler and had the same issues trying to rebuild them.

If they are older style, they used red loctite to keep them from coming loose and require heat to break the red loctite.
Thanks. Always forget to try heat. Ill try this when I get a new tool.

Found this today but couldn't see where it could be hitting. Perhaps it was done during the install? Anyone have an idea? 20200429_192348.jpg

It’s making contact at the back side of the track bar mount I had to grind down my coil plate the eliminate that rub point.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
Okay thanks. I'll try grinding it down a little then

New control arms installed. Still can't rebuild my krawler joints. Those are on good, tried heat but I'll go at it again later. Installed front lower control arm skids. 20200503_153250.jpg20200503_153026.jpg

Top Bottom