Maggie the Yellow JKU

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
That turned out great!

Clean fit.

nice work on the cage!

Very nice! The cage looks great, awesome job.

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate the compliments!!

Great work on the cage, it looks great!

I also had my windshield crack when I put my cage in. I don't know if maybe I hit the glass when putting the dash bar in or if when I tightened everything it compressed it enough to crack. Of course, I put a new windshield in and a week later it cracks again in traffic... so now I'll be on windshield #3 so far this year :crazyeyes:

My wife has Friday off so she is taking it in while I'm at work. Then I can put my lights back on after. The last windshield was uninsured and I had to go out of pocket, so now I will have an oem one again with the little Jeep grill at the top. Since this is only windshield #2 this year, I'm hoping it lasts for a while. My luck does tend to be like yours though, so we'll see.

I also found that as I bounce around down the road I keep losing sight of the hood over the dash bar and it's a little hard to tell where I'm at on the road. The Mastercraft seats are about an inch under stock height and I was looking for a solution to raise the seats and all I found was a kit for a TJ. Funny thing is, it was just 1.25 graphite body lift blocks and longer bolts. I still had all the blocks from when I took my body lift off, so a trip to the hardware store for bolts and washers and BOOM, done. I now sit about where I did in the stock seats and can see the hood much better now and fortunately the seat lift doesn't look stupid.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
That looks very clean I absolutely love the way it looks. Great work man. Also it's nice that you were able to get those seats raised easily. [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks! It came together nice, it was just a lot of extra hassle. Just happy it's over LOL. I'm glad the seat mod was cheap in case I end up thinking it is too tall now. It will probably take a few drives to figure it out.

Wanted to ask... Where did you get the center caps for your Chamber Pros... I have Chamber Pros on my jeep and they did not include any center caps... I wound up just painting the the ends of the axles black to match with the rims and not rust... Or at least stop the rust that already happened...

Last edited:

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Wanted to ask... Where did you get the center caps for your Chamber Pros... I have Chamber Pros on my jeep and they did not include any center caps... I wound up just painting the the ends of the axles black to match with the rims and not rust... Or at least stop the rust that already happened...

When I bought the wheels I noticed they were under the American Racing brand. I wanted the caps to match the wheels and took the hub bore measurement and found the closest cap to that size with a design I liked. What I came up with was the American Racing part number 1327000S. It is a chromed plastic cap that comes in at about ten dollars each. They fit nice and don't move at all. I got them at Discount Tire and took just a couple of days to come in.
1327000S-2T.jpg

If I was running a more modern looking Jeep, I might even go with the EVO.

Looks very nice! Digging it. I know nothing about cages but plan to have one, someday. Hopefully I will be able to get some advice when the time comes. 🤙🏻

GRBG TRK http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?38800-Garbage-Truck-(GRBG-TRK)

Thanks man! Since you are so close maybe if I get down your way you can check it out and see what you think. I can tell you the good and the bad about it. I do get to Tucson once in a while.

Benito

Caught the Bug
The Jeep is finally back together. All the trim pieces are done and it wasn't too bad at all to do. The driver side upper at at the visor had to be cut a little extra because of the hands free mic. I had to cut right at the old hole and cut a new square up and inward. Had to also trim the carpet and floor mats but that wasn't bad either.

My leg did rub a little on the floor mount but when I put my dead pedal back in it was fine because it keeps my leg up and to the inside a tad more. If it becomes a problem for my wife, there is a passenger side dead pedal available from the same manufacturer as my other one. Nothing rubs or hits the hard doors and so far no squeaking or rattling. The windshield bar is actually easy to get used to and driving it, I can see a little bit more of the hood than I thought from my test sit.

I got one minor scratch on the passenger side floor mount but it is easily touched up and I have to keep reminding myself that this is a trail Jeep and not a show car. I was looking at Eddie's 2015 Sema thread this morning and realized a Jeep can look used and still look really good.

I also cracked my windshield while it was tipped forward during the install. Even though it was on a wadded up blanket, the weight of it all putting pressure on the many rock chips it has from Arizona Hwy. driving was too much for it. I knew a replacement windshield was coming because there were at least 15 chips some of which were big but I was dragging it out as long as possible. Good thing I have windshield coverage. I left my Piaa lights off until I get the guy to come out and replace the glass. I'll have that done probably sometime this week or next weekend. The lights have to come off for him to change the glass anyhow so he has room to work.

Cage looks great, I know it was a royal PIA to get mine installed on my old jeep. I had the same issue with the holes on the side. I drilled them too high but then wallowed them to be able to lower the dash bar. I also cut off the brackets that held the windshield in place off of the supports, then drilled a hole close to the edge laid them over the new cage and lined everything up with measurements I had taken before taking it apart then drilled the hole through the cage a pillar and installed a nutsert to bolt the factory bracket to the cage. Unfortunately i don't think I got pictures of it

But here is how I cut my trim pieces

IMG_3905.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3906.jpg

I will probably do the poison spider cage again in my new jeep

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Cage looks great, I know it was a royal PIA to get mine installed on my old jeep. I had the same issue with the holes on the side. I drilled them too high but then wallowed them to be able to lower the dash bar. I also cut off the brackets that held the windshield in place off of the supports, then drilled a hole close to the edge laid them over the new cage and lined everything up with measurements I had taken before taking it apart then drilled the hole through the cage a pillar and installed a nutsert to bolt the factory bracket to the cage. Unfortunately i don't think I got pictures of it

But here is how I cut my trim pieces

View attachment 267770

View attachment 267771

View attachment 267772

I will probably do the poison spider cage again in my new jeep

Nice job. I did mine a little different because I run with the top off a lot and the trim looks better the way I did it when the door surrounds are off. Might get new ones and trim them more like yours if I switch to the Bestop soft top because I'd probably never take the full top off anymore, due to the sunrider. My current cheap top is starting to show wear already especially at the zippers and developing a few small leaks. Not a big deal in Phoenix but starting to use the Jeep for vacations where it might be a problem.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
so whats next?

LOL, Right now just finding time to drive it! I have driven it twice since I bought the little Ford and now I'm getting antsy. As far as parts go, I'm in a weird place because it actually doesn't need anything. I have done everything I wanted to do and a little more. That said, once I am confident PSC has all the bugs worked out of the XD big bore steering box and I won't get one from an early run, I'd like to buy one. I don't "need" it, but I think I'd wheel a little more without worrying if I had it. Also doing a bit of research on if the Trektop NX will work with my rear header. My top is ok, but nearing replacement time... maybe late this fall.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Got a chance to read through your build. Very nice Jeep and I love how it looks. Love reading through builds, gives me great ideas. The wife prefers I find other reading material!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
LOL, Right now just finding time to drive it! I have driven it twice since I bought the little Ford and now I'm getting antsy. As far as parts go, I'm in a weird place because it actually doesn't need anything. I have done everything I wanted to do and a little more. That said, once I am confident PSC has all the bugs worked out of the XD big bore steering box and I won't get one from an early run, I'd like to buy one. I don't "need" it, but I think I'd wheel a little more without worrying if I had it. Also doing a bit of research on if the Trektop NX will work with my rear header. My top is ok, but nearing replacement time... maybe late this fall.

Yeah that big bore box looks awesome! And now that it's taped for hydro too!! Thing is crazy! I don't think you "need" for something will last very long. Haha. And I look forward to when when the time comes for something new!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Gone but not goodbye

It was an interesting weekend to say the least. After 3 years of playing around with a wrangler I decided I needed something better suited traveling which my wife and I do quite often. I sold Maggie and while a bit of a sad moment, I can say it's for the best. I got most of my money back on the aftermarket and lowered my payment by almost $250 a month. I also traded the Focus I bought as a go to work car and because I had gotten such a good deal on it, I got my money back on that (That went to the downpayment). Financially I'm a very happy camper. That said, I'm still a Jeeper at heart and will ride again. Even if I'm not on here as much for a while, I will still be here reading and contributing when I can. We are looking to buy a house soon and once that gets settled I can start looking for a more budget friendly toy. I feel like I need to go back to my roots and get something pre-computer. Hopefully in a couple of years, maybe sooner if I can swing it, I see a 77 or so CJ-5 with a 304 and manual trans in my future. Pretty sure the new 2wd Ram Hemi sport can tow it if need be. Thanks for the support with the Wrangler fellas!

IMG_0281.jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Man, good luck. Hope all goes well for you.
You Ram needs a leveling kit and 35s [emoji6]

Last edited:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
oh man im going to miss seeing Maggie! Naboo's twin sister!!

understand the reality of the decision and hope to see you around still!

Top Bottom