Magnetic Trail Skins and Body Armor

Learo2000GT

I have a complete set minis one rear door I used for years. Someone took the rear door off at parking lot. I have the originals sold by the guy in Canada. They kept me pinstripe free for years now I don't care. If anyone wants to buy my set minus one door I will sell them for 100. Pm for pics. They do work good u just have to preped the doors first with a clean soapy spray then stick it on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Not just rust. Grit will abrade the paint. Not might, it will. It will get behind it and roll around under the magnet just eating it's way down to the steel.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

longarmwj

Not to mention the fact that all kinds of crud would get trapped between the body and the armor, basically becoming a giant piece of sandpaper. I don't mind scratches on my Jeep, it's a Jeep, but I don't want it to look like I took a belt sander to it :crazyeyes:

Edit: looks like BobNH beat me to it lol

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
From what I gather, you put them on when you get to the trail head, and remove them when finished....then rinse them at home. THey are not meant to be left on. Having said that, I can see it working for minor brush, and if I wheeled in areas where brush wasnt avoidable, I would consider running them, as paint damage, especially with metallic paint is much more expensive to fix.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

For the cost, you can get yourself a good buffer and if learn how to use it, you'd be surprised at what you can clean up.

SDG

Caught the Bug

For the cost, you can get yourself a good buffer and if learn how to use it, you'd be surprised at what you can clean up.
Pretty sure I ran that 'machine' and didn't like it... MFG wouldn't give me credit lol.

JAGS

Hooked

I'd still like to know how you edited out all the bad language. Lol. That might've been your worst, but we've been on a few tight brush trails. [emoji51] Makes for some great laughs and good stories. [emoji106][emoji23]

Top Bottom