Making the B Pillar removable on a 4 door.

maskale

Few more pipes to weld in and about 50% welded now, finish tomorrow.

IMG-1062.jpg

IMG-1065.jpg

IMG-1063.jpg

IMG-1066.jpg

IMG-1053.jpg

IMG-1057.jpg

maskale

Whatever works. My F350 had plastic steps too. But they never bent like that during overlanding. But hey, seriously, your tig welds look great.

LoL, And well i wasnt overlanding.......but they did keep my jeep of the rocks.

Are those Metalcloak?

Yes, but to be fair, I was using them beyond what they are intended for, they are sold as steps. When I bought these I wasn't planning on doing what I do with the Jeep now.

Looks good. You plan on re-installing the sound bar and trims as well?

No. I bought a 20" Wetsounds sound bar I'll install on the rear upper C pillar cross bar facing forward. Thats the plan, I'll have to see how the head room with rear seats works out. While the soundbar doesnt have as much low end as the factory sound bar, I do have a factory rear sub, so I hope it ballances out OK. The factory sound bar can be reinstalled, but takes some cutting to make it work. The wetsounds bar will be a cleaner look.

Also No on the trim. I'll finish bed lining the inside where trim was. I may keep some around the windshield frame. The sun visors kind of tie into the trim. I'll just have to see what I end up doing with it.

This cage is obviously much heavier, taking the trim and seat belts out it may not end up being heavier in the end. I am keeping track of the weights so I'll have an actual answer soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom