Making your Jeep Secure

RMC2

Caught the Bug
You can get special sockets that cut into the lug nut and will take anything off

Good thing is most thieves are lazy and cheap.

I agree, the Mcgaurd style WILL break. I helped a buddy install a lift and ran into this. It took one of these ^^^ tools to get it off. Big pain. My newest jeep came with them, but they were swapped out as soon as I got home.

Something to make them move on to the next vehicle is worth it. I like the spline types.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Put a different style on each wheel, that should piss them off. Then club them with the lug wrench from behind.

JudeinPa

If you go with locking lug nuts . I wouldn't get the Mcguard ones with the weird looking tool View attachment 223312 ( IMO.. they suck/ had the tool break very easily. then its a pain to remove.) .. I went with rugged ridge ( the spline type, and came in black). View attachment 223313

The only Mcgard wheel locks I have seen like this are ones that where put on without using a torque wrench. A torque wrench set at 90 to 95 lbs. will not do this type damage.

Eugene the Jeep

I use gorilla locks. Ordered a box of 24 locks so I could but 3 locks on the spare, 5 on each tire and have 1 spare lock. Cost about $50.00 for a little bit of peace of mind.

JeepDrum

I just have regular lug nuts on mine. The adapters for the locks always seem to get lost and then it's a pain in the ass. It really isn't as hard as one would think to get the wheel locks off with a regular 12 point socket anyway. When I lost my adapter, I just looked it up on YouTube and I had them off in minutes.

Top Bottom