Making your Jeep Secure

You can get special sockets that cut into the lug nut and will take anything off

Good thing is most thieves are lazy and cheap.

I agree, the Mcgaurd style WILL break. I helped a buddy install a lift and ran into this. It took one of these ^^^ tools to get it off. Big pain. My newest jeep came with them, but they were swapped out as soon as I got home.

Something to make them move on to the next vehicle is worth it. I like the spline types.

Put a different style on each wheel, that should piss them off. Then club them with the lug wrench from behind.

If you go with locking lug nuts . I wouldn't get the Mcguard ones with the weird looking toolView attachment 223312 ( IMO.. they suck/ had the tool break very easily. then its a pain to remove.) .. I went with rugged ridge ( the spline type, and came in black).View attachment 223313

The only Mcgard wheel locks I have seen like this are ones that where put on without using a torque wrench. A torque wrench set at 90 to 95 lbs. will not do this type damage.

I use gorilla locks. Ordered a box of 24 locks so I could but 3 locks on the spare, 5 on each tire and have 1 spare lock. Cost about $50.00 for a little bit of peace of mind.

I just have regular lug nuts on mine. The adapters for the locks always seem to get lost and then it's a pain in the ass. It really isn't as hard as one would think to get the wheel locks off with a regular 12 point socket anyway. When I lost my adapter, I just looked it up on YouTube and I had them off in minutes.

Top Bottom