Manufacture Logo

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Dammit! So I'm taking a shit and noticed my toilet paper is branded Charmin. Has that logo ever scratched anybody else's ass out of curiosity?

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
It doesn't bother me, too bad. I guess it depends if the logo is well designed, or not.

I do understand how someone could prefer a "clean" look. The first thing I do, is peel off car dealership decals.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Labricon

Caught the Bug
I generally don't mind manufacturers logo on after market stuff chose to add but when I ordered my Jeep I specifically told the salesman no dealer stickers.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yup. I agree . If you want to have your companies logo burnt into everything on my jeep and then pass the word about your product Sorry. if I am going to be your billboard then service and parts price need to be negotiated. Come on manufacturers if your parts and service are that good then all your hard work and labor should speak for itself. Don't get me wrong if there was a sponsored trip. Sure I will put on your BS stickers on my Jeep for the trip but after that they go in the trash. I hope that is what most people do. Honestly I would rather have something to hang on the garage wall then on my Jeep, As much as I like some of the products out there. The the burnt logos ruin the product. At this point less is more I think at this point.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was your choice to buy their products. Nobody forced you. If you don't like their logo and don't "want to be a billboard" build your own shit.

It's their product they are making, so they should be allowed to brand it the way they want. Now that I think about it, there's not many brands out there that DON'T do this...maybe not lasered into their metal, but atleast a badge or stamp of some sort. If you don't want that on your stuff, you'd have to get all your things custom made or off of ebay china made unknown products.

OK...here's my 2 cents. I don't mind the logos in my gear...what I mind is some short-sighted asshole telling me my gear isn't good enough because it isn't what they, their forum buddies, or his boyfriend runs.

Fro example, I run PSC bumpers, and some complete fucking retard in is beat to shit $4 XJ with a 4Wheelparts windshield banner proceeded to tell me I have overpriced Chinese made crap. (Made in good ol' USA, pre-merger Poison Spyder) I think he was more butt-hurt that he will most likely never be able to afford anything but his XJ.

And honestly, I don't care if you are running EVO, PSC, Motobilt, LoD, Smittybilt, Rugged Ridge, or any other brand...build your rig in a way the makes YOU happy...not to impress everyone else. Get what you want...and if you don't like the logo, I'm pretty sure a Prius emblem will cover it up...

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
OK...here's my 2 cents. I don't mind the logos in my gear...what I mind is some short-sighted asshole telling me my gear isn't good enough because it isn't what they, their forum buddies, or his boyfriend runs.

Fro example, I run PSC bumpers, and some complete fucking retard in is beat to shit $4 XJ with a 4Wheelparts windshield banner proceeded to tell me I have overpriced Chinese made crap. (Made in good ol' USA, pre-merger Poison Spyder) I think he was more butt-hurt that he will most likely never be able to afford anything but his XJ.

And honestly, I don't care if you are running EVO, PSC, Motobilt, LoD, Smittybilt, Rugged Ridge, or any other brand...build your rig in a way the makes YOU happy...not to impress everyone else. Get what you want...and if you don't like the logo, I'm pretty sure a Prius emblem will cover it up...

Nothing against XJs but its always the $4 "idk how it even runs" XJ guys/gals that get butthurt over the dumbest shit... :cheesy:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Eh, I don't care. Got a big spyder on front bumper, "ACE" on rear, "EVO" on sliders, "warn" on winch cover, "AEV" hub cabs, "Goodyear" on tires, and the grill says "JEEP" (it was "eep" once after chamois-ing a little too aggressively.)

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
I don't mind some branding. It crosses the line into taking advantage of the consumer when making it so bold even the Prius driver knows what's going on:). Even my Jeep, the fundamental box this stuff bolts to, only has it a couple places in 1" high lettters (or thereabouts).

I'd prefer my Jeep not resemble the side of my toolbox.

So, you like EVO today, but what about tomorrow. One Jeep owner, who many of you would known, ha built his rig exclusively with EVO. Apparently he had a falling out with them over something. He went and replaced -everything- EVO. I think that's a tad extreme, but while he was 'in love' with his favorite brand, life was great. Afterward, you might not want all those logos reminding you of a bad situation.

For me, I'll buy best I can find, which means a smaller set of suppliers. Fortunately that keeps the number of brand variations to a minimum.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Fro example, I run PSC bumpers, and some complete fucking retard in is beat to shit $4 XJ with a 4Wheelparts windshield banner proceeded to tell me I have overpriced Chinese made crap.

He had a 4 wheel parts sticker and was telling you about your over priced Chinese made crap? Has he never been in a 4 wheel parts store? That's most of what's in there.

Top Bottom