Mcgregor vs mayweather

MTG

Caught the Bug
This is really what is all about for me.

Any more though now. My folks or inlaws filter through but it's usually just the wife and I. Just a thing we've always done.

We used to get all the MMA fights too. Going back to college days and Royce Gracie and UFC 1, where everyone just pitched in $ for beer and the fight. :crazy eyes:

But tonight it was a BBQ dinner with the family, followed by playing some football outside with the kids and gearing up with some quality reading time. Maybe when they're a little older we can get back to watching some combat sports. Though I much prefer to watch them work on their Jiu-jitsu rather than watch it on tv. LOL!

We used to get all the MMA fights too. Going back to college days and Royce Gracie and UFC 1, where everyone just pitched in $ for beer and the fight. :crazy eyes:

But tonight it was a BBQ dinner with the family, followed by playing some football outside with the kids and gearing up with some quality reading time. Maybe when they're a little older we can get back to watching some combat sports. Though I much prefer to watch them work on their Jiu-jitsu rather than watch it on tv. LOL!

Dude. Love watching the kiddos rolling around. Just got my daughter into BJJ. She's loving it.

I will eat crow on all the shit I've ever talked about McGregor. New found respect for him to hold on as long as he did.
As for Mayweather. It was one of the most enjoyable fights to watch. I can not stand the man or his fighting style. However last night was something special. Glad I watched it.

And of course the outcome.
Shocking right? A world class boxing champion beats a man who doesn't box in a boxing match.

FallonJeeper

Bring a knife to a gun fight. Especially if the guy with the gun is the best...

McGregor entered the ring of his own accord. He even provided quite a bit of smack talk.

If it had been an MMA...

But it wasn't...

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
This is all a joke to me. Mayweather is 49-0 in professional boxing. Some of the best boxers in the world couldnt even touch him. McGregor has the same professional boxing record as me. He is going into a fight where he is losing 9/10 of his tools. I figure it will go a few rounds and Mayweather will start ripping the body. Im calling Mayweather with a TKO in the 8th.

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Prophetic...

Personally, I think both are loud mouthed egotistical morons...with a healthy portfolio. I actually didn't think Conor was going to last past the 5th round...but was hoping they would beat each other into a pulp with a 12 rnd draw...

Boxing is dead...can you name the current heavyweight champion?...which used to be the most prestigious weight class and a household name back in the day....may the "Sweet Science" rest in peace...

MMA is a reflection of the new generation...and I have mixed feelings about it

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Just watched it on YouTube, Mcgregor definitely had the reach on him. Never been a boxing fan but glad i watched it, and glad I didn't pay to see it. Hard to believe they are both under 154 lbs. last time I weighed that little was probably the 9th grade.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just watched it on YouTube, Mcgregor definitely had the reach on him. Never been a boxing fan but glad i watched it, and glad I didn't pay to see it. Hard to believe they are both under 154 lbs. last time I weighed that little was probably the 9th grade.

Funny you say that. I watched the fight and all I could think about is how little damage two guys had after a fight. It's like watching a playground fight.

Top Bottom