Me again, problem again

JRied

That's a pretty tough brake. Did the dealer fix it under warranty?

They are fixing the engine issue on warranty.

I didn't want them to fix the lower control arm mount with another flimsy one so I went ahead and bought a beefy Artec pair that I had welded on. Much stronger

USMC Wrangler

They are fixing the engine issue on warranty.

I didn't want them to fix the lower control arm mount with another flimsy one so I went ahead and bought a beefy Artec pair that I had welded on. Much stronger

Did your dealer give you any grief over the engine oil pan skid? I know dealers vary. It's just a curiosity thing. Thanks

JRied

Did your dealer give you any grief over the engine oil pan skid? I know dealers vary. It's just a curiosity thing. Thanks

No they didn't but this dealer is a lot nicer then the one I bought it at. They're about 20-30 min apart. I was nice enough to remove the other two parts of the skid system tho, only left the oil pan skid on.

USMC Wrangler

No they didn't but this dealer is a lot nicer then the one I bought it at. They're about 20-30 min apart. I was nice enough to remove the other two parts of the skid system tho, only left the oil pan skid on.

Glad to hear of a relatively good dealer experience.

OJK12

Has anyone checked the oil cooler where the filter goes in? My buddy just had his replaced under warranty we both thought it was a rear main but the oil cooler leaked and pooled up oil in the engine valley then leaked down over the bell housing looking like the rear main was bad. Just a thought.

srosario

which dealer you go too?

shawnrobison77

Update

It was a rear main seal and I dropped it off and had it replaced free of cost. Took about 5 days....

Re-Update

Still leaked from the bottom but not from the top down along the edges as before.

View attachment 153037

View attachment 153038

Dropped it off last Wednesday to have it fixed again at the dealership.

Called today because I was curious about when it would be ready since I'm leaving for a week to New Orleans. They told me they pulled it apart and put it together 3 times already and still there's a leak that there having trouble identifying and that something else is going on in there. Very frustrating.

I've had mine replaced twice in the last month also! I have a '14 with 10k on it.... And now it looks like it's doing it again

JRied

Just passed by the dealership to return my rental before my vaca and peeked at my jeep. Is this full droop since its on the lift? Anyway, not done yet. Not the oil cooler, and he told me he replaced the rear main seal again, sucks. He had my exhaust, driveshaft, crossmember, and other things removed

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436812169.936814.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436812185.673530.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436812209.095437.jpg

Top Bottom