MetalCloak Products

StrizzyChris

As you may have missed it, I included a ;) emoticon to help indicate that I was just giving you a hard time.

My lady always gives me a hard time because I cant tell when she is joking. Ill tell her to wink at me more when she is doing so :cheesy:

You have to admit that you do tend to talk a lot about things you've "heard" on the internet rather than share what you've experienced.

Yeah, unfortunately that's all I have to go off of. :Grayno: For all of our uses back East, there wasn't a whole lot of need for the extreme crawling mods. Mild lift, regear, mud tires, slip yoke eliminator and giver her hell Herman! :rock:

Now that I have been out here for a few years, I have really grown to appreciate the sport. With keeping a budget(and being as extremely cheep as I am) I have to read A LOT to make the most informed decision, as to hopefully only make that decision once and not regret it. I love forums for all the info, good and bad, that they provide. I have really grown to enjoy this one for the people! :thumb:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have really grown to appreciate the sport. With keeping a budget(and being as extremely cheep as I am) I have to read A LOT to make the most informed decision, as to hopefully only make that decision once and not regret it. I love forums for all the info, good and bad, that they provide. I have really grown to enjoy this one for the people! :thumb:

x2 on this Chris! cant tell you how much i have learned in the past two months i have been on here between the friendly debates and jibber jabber. Love this forum!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My lady always gives me a hard time because I cant tell when she is joking. Ill tell her to wink at me more when she is doing so :cheesy:

:cheesy: You're alright :D

Yeah, unfortunately that's all I have to go off of. :Grayno: For all of our uses back East, there wasn't a whole lot of need for the extreme crawling mods. Mild lift, regear, mud tires, slip yoke eliminator and giver her hell Herman! :rock:

Now that I have been out here for a few years, I have really grown to appreciate the sport. With keeping a budget(and being as extremely cheep as I am) I have to read A LOT to make the most informed decision, as to hopefully only make that decision once and not regret it. I love forums for all the info, good and bad, that they provide. I have really grown to enjoy this one for the people! :thumb:

I understand and apologize if I ribbed you a bit too hard there. Like you, I love forums and enough so that I have own but, I would also be the first to say that there's a lot of really bad information on them too. The problem is, people are always eager to talk about how much they love whatever it is they've chosen to buy. Of course, to say anything bad about it would be nothing short of criticizing their own ability to make good decisions. While it may suck to make mistakes and have to do things twice, I find that in the end, that's all we can ever really hope to do - make a decision based on what we think is good and if you're honest with yourself, chalk up any mistake as being all apart of learning experience. And really, that's something that money just can't buy. If nothing else, you would then be able to speak from experience rather than repeat what you've heard.

Peace :cool:

rtguy1

:cheesy: You're alright :D

I understand and apologize if I ribbed you a bit too hard there. Like you, I love forums and enough so that I have own but, I would also be the first to say that there's a lot of really bad information on them too. The problem is, people are always eager to talk about how much they love whatever it is they've chosen to buy. Of course, to say anything bad about it would be nothing short of criticizing their own ability to make good decisions. While it may suck to make mistakes and have to do things twice, I find that in the end, that's all we can ever really hope to do - make a decision based on what we think is good and if you're honest with yourself, chalk up any mistake as being all apart of learning experience. And really, that's something that money just can't buy. If nothing else, you would then be able to speak from experience rather than repeat what you've heard.

Peace :cool:

Is this a bad time to say how much I love my teraflex tire carrier and just how great it is? :cheesy:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Is this a bad time to say how much I love my teraflex tire carrier and just how great it is? :cheesy:

See Chris, it's just like I said - there is really bad information on the internet and this forum is no exception to the rule :D

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hard to compare the kits as they are so different. The metal cloak deal has a ton of parts in it. All 8 arms, trackbar s, blah blah blah. Don't get me wrong, just saying there is a ton of stuff there whether its needed or not. When you compare this to other mfg coil and shock kits with the same parts included it is only a few hundred more. A rockkrawler 3.5" max travel with resi shocks is about $3600. Tf about the same. I think an enforcer kit with the best shocks and all 8 arms would be cheaper and the better setup. With this being said I would still buy the coilovers...lol. Not a chance in hell I would buy this gamechanger kit. For $300 more you could have the evo double d long arm kit with kings....that's a gamechanger

Good points, even with less parts the Evo coilovers (bolt on kits)offer more wheel travel, adjustable ride height. True dual rate coils

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
And miss out your keen insights, your effervescent wit and humor? You wound me.
;)

Oh how you tease me with your adoring words. The wound is all mine my friend. :drama:

In spite of it all, dual rate coils are just dual rate coils - nothing revolutionary or special. Shocks strapped end on end are just shocks strapped end on end - nothing revolutionary or special. While the joints are in fact a little different, they're far from revolutionary and, I think you would even have to admit that the jury is still out on whether or not they are as good as they are marketed. Still, you're free to buy into whatever they're selling and, free to believe whatever it is you want to believe about this forum. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good points, even with less parts the Evo coilovers (bolt on kits)offer more wheel travel, adjustable ride height. True dual rate coils

Coil overs have 2 different coils and with 2 different spring rates - that's far from a single coil with a small portion of it having a different spring rate.

I thought everything on the internet was true... :D

Bonjour! :cheesy:

:cheesy: I love that commercial

Top Bottom