Mike's Granite JKU "B.O.D." Build Thread

Those Walgreens lot trails can be tricky...did you use a local guide?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm actually a Local Guide Level 3. So...if you get lost in the parking lot Mike, give me a call

View attachment 240881

The Walgreens by Patrick and my place can be "Rubicon Trail-like" at times. Shopping carts in the parking lot, city traffic at the corner of Shep and Feag can be redonculous, homeless people, etc...

He called, I gave him some pointers on what lines to take. Luckily, I'm very familiar with that Walgreens, and their availability of alcoholic beverages choices.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Full pics without the light bar. Yes, at a Walgreens lol.

View attachment 240855

View attachment 240856

That Walgreens looks familiar!

Looking sharp :thumb:

LOL, yes, you guys raided that Walgreens after-hours after the suds n grubs that night.

Dempsey

Oh man, this thing must be a beast!! .... when it's in 4WD...... haha

Man you got quite the build. Subscribed.

Made a quick impromptu trip to Hidden Falls this weekend with Projkur. Also met up with moteoux, it was great to meet you Randy!

Hitting the trailhead:

IMG_1896.jpg

We ran FM TRO. Here's the popular waterfall.

IMG_1898.jpg

Patrick making a climb.

IMG_1899.jpg

Me after the climb.

IMG_1900.jpg

Patrick making another climb. I followed after.

IMG_1902.jpg

Poser shot with our trail lead.

IMG_1903.jpg

About to climb a decent ledge.

IMG_1905.jpg

Running some creek bed.

IMG_1906.jpg

IMG_1913.JPG

The waterfall on FM TRO. We both attempted and failed. It was too wet, undercut, and just couldn't get traction. We tried about 4-5 lines each. Ended up bypassing. Here's Patrick.

IMG_1908.jpg

IMG_1909.jpg

IMG_1910.jpg

IMG_1912.jpg

Shots from the Tower. The highest point at HF.

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1916.jpg

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1919.jpg

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1922.jpg

IMG_1924.jpg

Well earned American Honey shot at the top.

IMG_1925.jpg

Camp was awesome. It got down to around 30 or so. Pretty damn chilly.

IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

While night wheeling, I was attempting a pretty steep climb with a sharp turn right after it. The line had trees on both sides with JUST enough room to put your JKU through.

A tree limb ninja popped out of nowhere and gave me some carnage. Good thing I have the mopar matching paint and will touch it up when I get around to it.

IMG_1936.jpg

Overall awesome trip!

tdougherty81

Well earned American Honey shot at the top.

View attachment 241371

Camp was awesome. It got down to around 30 or so. Pretty damn chilly.

View attachment 241375

View attachment 241376

While night wheeling, I was attempting a pretty steep climb with a sharp turn right after it. The line had trees on both sides with JUST enough room to put your JKU through.

A tree limb ninja popped out of nowhere and gave me some carnage. Good thing I have the mopar matching paint and will touch it up when I get around to it.

View attachment 241377

Overall awesome trip!

Jealous, wish I could have gone. Looks like y'all had a blast, next time for sure.

WJCO

Meme King
Sweet pics. Must be nice to pull your doors in January. And got down into the 30s at camp....We call that July.

Jealous, wish I could have gone. Looks like y'all had a blast, next time for sure.

Absolutely, this happened so fast. We'll plan another one soon no doubt.

Sweet pics. Must be nice to pull your doors in January. And got down into the 30s at camp....We call that July.

Thanks! Yea, it was mid 60s during the day and nothing but sunshine. Couldn't have asked for better weather.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
What?! No invite?! :cheesy:

How was FM TRO!? Next time I'm out at Hidden falls, I'm running that trail. Even if I have to run it solo. I've already done just about everything else at the park. Just not the full FM TRO because it's so long! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using WAYALIFE mobile app

How was FM TRO!? Next time I'm out at Hidden falls, I'm running that trail. Even if I have to run it solo. I've already done just about everything else at the park. Just not the full FM TRO because it's so long! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!

I know! It happened really fast and all of a sudden. But we have to go again SOON. And FM TRO is awesome...we started around 10:30am and was done around 2:30pm about. Slow and steady the entire time. Lots of good ledges inside the creek and outside...it's basically a rock garden located inside a really long creek bed.

Kyle7R

I know! It happened really fast and all of a sudden. But we have to go again SOON. And FM TRO is awesome...we started around 10:30am and was done around 2:30pm about. Slow and steady the entire time. Lots of good ledges inside the creek and outside...it's basically a rock garden located inside a really long creek bed.

I'm in!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom