Montana Winter Jeep Prep

Brute

Hooked
I think my favorite comment is to switch from light beers to dark...

Switch from board shorts to long pants...

Switch from flip flops to insulated boots...

Switch from dry flies to streamers & nymphs...

Don't ask the guy from Hawaii what to do...in 42 years of owning boats, this is the first time in my life that I have to winterize a boat...

One of the things I did learn about driving in cold weather...make sure to have extra wool blankets or sleeping bags wherever you go...could save your life

Jsouder53

Hooked
I think my favorite comment is to switch from light beers to dark...

Switch from board shorts to long pants...

Switch from flip flops to insulated boots...

Switch from dry flies to streamers & nymphs...

Don't ask the guy from Hawaii what to do...in 42 years of owning boats, this is the first time in my life that I have to winterize a boat...

One of the things I did learn about driving in cold weather...make sure to have extra wool blankets or sleeping bags wherever you go...could save your life

Hahaha great list!

Also, the tip on the blankets or sleeping bags is smart! Thank you

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/52442-The-Build-and-Adventures-of-Bearbait

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
First Snow Fall

Well, we got our first snowfall of the year.

Attachments

• 56D52F08-3DDF-4F0B-A6E5-84BCFEF8880F.jpg
    56D52F08-3DDF-4F0B-A6E5-84BCFEF8880F.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 118
  • BECFFE1A-CA51-445C-AA09-E7D72D934FDE.jpg
    BECFFE1A-CA51-445C-AA09-E7D72D934FDE.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 126
  • CE5342EA-6CF5-464B-ABE1-F1853CEFDC56.jpg
    CE5342EA-6CF5-464B-ABE1-F1853CEFDC56.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 450837E7-DDB9-49E1-94C3-F76A5B48174C.jpg
    450837E7-DDB9-49E1-94C3-F76A5B48174C.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 134

Zstairlessone

When I lived up in Colorado, two wives of people I worked with that grew up down south had wrecks the first winter - no idea how to drive in the snow. Take a class if they have any close to where you are going.
Also, a jacket so you don’t have to run the heater if you don’t want to, keeps the snow from freezing up as ice on your windshield unless it’s a wet snow.
Carry water, food, space blanket comes in handy, sterno, strikers, get rated boots and a good rated sleeping bag. If you’re in a city maybe this isn’t the list for you, if you head into the mountains there’s a lot more.
Don’t forget to put on better winter tires, on the road ATs were much better than MTs in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

Ahh a purist I see. May I offer you a mop fly and a San Juan worm? lol

Haha! I know it's messed up but I'd rather hide behind a bush trying to catch a 7" brookie out of a little creek with my 2 wt than going deep on big water to haul out 24" browns & bows with my 7 wt. Worse yet, my Alaskan friends (and my wife) are ready to send me off to one of those re-education camps because I have no love for salmon fishing either.

I've got issues...

Brute

Hooked
Ooohhhhh Russia. I’m drooling. That’s high on my bucket list! When are you going?

Zendzur Hot Springs Lodge, Kamchatka...they only take 6 fisherman at a time...mid August next summer. 30" rainbows common, occasional 35 inches every week during the season...mostly on mouse patterns. This is also when the big asiatic white spot char show up to spawn...

wjtstudios

Hooked
Zendzur Hot Springs Lodge, Kamchatka...they only take 6 fisherman at a time...mid August next summer. 30" rainbows common, occasional 35 inches every week during the season...mostly on mouse patterns. This is also when the big asiatic white spot char show up to spawn...

Insane! I can’t wait to her the stories and see the pictures from that run.

jorgelrod

Hooked
You need to let all the florida air from the tires and fill it up with Montana air so they don't freeze on the inside... :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Top Bottom