Motobilt D-ring mounts ripped straight off

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about disagreeing with how the guy runs his website. Its his sandbox I just missed the part about owning a shop. I am going to say thats my bad. I also am not going to just lie and say I don't I'm proud of the work I do no shame in that... I'm pretty much sure that anyones input is welcomed in a "forum" that has something relevant to say. Just giving my personal first hand experience with the companies products... Something that you have NO experience with but I'm sure you will be quick to hate on.
Best of luck and I truly hope I catch you on the trails...

Yeah, this is not the way to be inactive. You'll figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I'm pretty sure I didn't say anything about disagreeing with how the guy runs his website. Its his sandbox I just missed the part about owning a shop. I am going to say thats my bad. I also am not going to just lie and say I don't I'm proud of the work I do no shame in that... I'm pretty much sure that anyones input is welcomed in a "forum" that has something relevant to say. Just giving my personal first hand experience with the companies products... Something that you have NO experience with but I'm sure you will be quick to hate on.
Best of luck and I truly hope I catch you on the trails...

Being that you were asked to stop posting, this communication may be better suited for a private message. Just an FYI.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I have their rear micro bumper on my JK and I can say the d ring mounts are beef... Far more solid than anything else on the market. As far as someone breaking the welds on one of their front d-ring shackle mounts. I question this personally and would like to see actual pictures of the product that failed as I have seen much of their work and its pretty nice. I have never seen anything that isn't solid that they make. I know that their front shackle mounts DO NOT come with hardware so I question this as well. This is the Motobilt rear shackle mount vs the EVO ones that came off my Jeep for comparison. View attachment 247379

So you're an engineer and can tell me which one is stronger?

Nice that motobilt copied EVO MFG.

They can fuck off

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
First we should contact Evo and see if they've even sold any. I mean, my wife has 2 on her Jeep but I don't have any pictures, so my word really isn't good enough.

Your right, we should. Wouldn't want anyone to be called a liar a million times because they were misinformed.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I've been off and on in the off road community since 1995 and have owned over 100 Jeeps Im hardly new to the game

You've owned on average 4.5 different jeeps per year for the last 22 years? That's impressive!

Ausjeep113

Not trying to stir shit here and also a bit off topic since the post is about front ring mounts. In the picture posted of the rear ones, it's quite clear that the motobilt ones are way beefier than the Evo ones, with the bolt sleeves going through the actual d-ring mount plate which is 3/4" Steel. So for the rears to ever fail you would literally have to shear the bolts off. That's just my opinion and I know Evo makes some good shit but if I was in the market for d-ring mounts the logical choice would be the motobilt ones.

rubicon35

Banned
Contact Information

What Motobilt bumper did you have? I didn't see that they made one for the WJ.

If you by chance know the individual who broke the dring mounts in question have them contact Tommy Ford

When I first read the post I applied for access to the forum I was able to create an account but have not been allowed permissions to respond.

This is Tommy I have been tagged in this thread numerous times by all types of people who support different companies who aren't necessarily Motobilt customers. But they know who we are and our history.

The shackle mount in question is a through welded 3/4 plate steel bracket that is designed to mount the front frame horns of a jk or a DIY bumper. We have no record of selling a set of these in our system and no one on the staff here at Motobilt remembers selling a set. Now if some how there has been a set slip through the doors which again is highly unlikely I would very much like to see the product and speak to the owner as it is in our interest to protect our customers and products. Its just the right thing to do. They can reach me at tommy@
As to broken bolts if we were to sell a set of these we would not provide bolts as they are a DIY part and bolt lengths and sizes would vary. If you were to mount a similar product to your jeep It is only common practice to you a hard bolt grade 8 with washer and lock nuts. So this also makes things fishy.
I spoke with the jeeper that has the WJ in the thread. He was actually listed in my facebook friends list. I was not hostile I simply asked him questions. After talking to him he deletes and blocks me on facebook. Also fishy.

I am surprised to find out that a company and product line is up for public bashing with no proof or evidence of this happening. If there is , again I would like to verify that the mounts were ours. If they are we will take responsibility. The reputation of the staff at Motobilt have been involved in the industry for 20 plus years. Our owner is one of the old names still active in the industry. I personally would reach out to the company in question and ask them to contribute to the thread as broken recovery gear is a safety concern.

Anyway thank you for your time. If any of you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me direct

longarmwj

If you by chance know the individual who broke the dring mounts in question have them contact Tommy Ford

When I first read the post I applied for access to the forum I was able to create an account but have not been allowed permissions to respond.

This is Tommy I have been tagged in this thread numerous times by all types of people who support different companies who aren't necessarily Motobilt customers. But they know who we are and our history.

The shackle mount in question is a through welded 3/4 plate steel bracket that is designed to mount the front frame horns of a jk or a DIY bumper. We have no record of selling a set of these in our system and no one on the staff here at Motobilt remembers selling a set. Now if some how there has been a set slip through the doors which again is highly unlikely I would very much like to see the product and speak to the owner as it is in our interest to protect our customers and products. Its just the right thing to do. They can reach me at tommy@
As to broken bolts if we were to sell a set of these we would not provide bolts as they are a DIY part and bolt lengths and sizes would vary. If you were to mount a similar product to your jeep It is only common practice to you a hard bolt grade 8 with washer and lock nuts. So this also makes things fishy.
I spoke with the jeeper that has the WJ in the thread. He was actually listed in my facebook friends list. I was not hostile I simply asked him questions. After talking to him he deletes and blocks me on facebook. Also fishy.

I am surprised to find out that a company and product line is up for public bashing with no proof or evidence of this happening. If there is , again I would like to verify that the mounts were ours. If they are we will take responsibility. The reputation of the staff at Motobilt have been involved in the industry for 20 plus years. Our owner is one of the old names still active in the industry. I personally would reach out to the company in question and ask them to contribute to the thread as broken recovery gear is a safety concern.

Anyway thank you for your time. If any of you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me direct

I wasn't aware we were Facebook friends. That explains how you found me.

And yes I blocked you, I didn't take too kindly to being called fishy by a business. Do y'all ever give up? Lol

WJCO

Meme King

Welcome to Wayalife. Glad to see you read through the rules.

rubicon35

Banned
I wasn't aware we were Facebook friends. That explains how you found me.

And yes I blocked you, I didn't take too kindly to being called fishy by a business. Do y'all ever give up?

was a simple question and you seemed to be very helpful and offered to help if you knew anything. I thought you were cool with me asking questions, until you blocked me. And as far as my principles and integrity are concerned when challenged I do not give up. Thanks again for responding to my questions.
But the circumstances regarding this entire thread are fishy. I told you it sounded fishy so you would understand our point of view.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Funny, I was just looking at the email you had sent me last night and I was in the process of responding to it. It's funny how you say that you were denied access as you should have been being that the very first line of the rules you were required to agree to in order to become a member state, and I quote "You understand that it is the policy of WAYALIFE.com to NOT allow manufacturers, vendors, dealers, shops, Jeep related businesses, competing websites or for-profit publications to participate on WAYALIFE.com unless they are a supporting advertiser." Of course, in spite of the fact that you've supposedly have been trying to get on here for years, here you are and with an account that was setup back in 2015. :rolleyes2:

The only thing that's fishy to me is why an employee is so hard up to defame a guy and all in an effort to defend the company he works for. I mean, maybe it's just me but it seems strange that the OWNER of the company isn't even as hard up to clear the air. Maybe it was you who sold or gave away the bad part and now you're just trying to cover up your tracks. :naw:

And I'm surprised to find out that a company and a product line would go to the lengths it has to bash me, my forum and the members on it and all because one of their parts may or may not have broken. There are more professional ways you guys could have handled this and I would have been all to eager to assist you if you had and this in spite of you not being an advertiser here but clearly, you seem to be above rules and have no respect for me or my business. This whole thing is based on hearsay and on both sides but you, you've just lost all credibility with me.

rubicon35

Banned
sorry

Welcome to Wayalife. Glad to see you read through the rules.

I did not see or take time to research the rules. But as a representative of the company that is being discussed in the thread. I thought it would be good to respond in a helpful and professional manner. I know this forum and what the standards are for the most part. Again simply put if I ran forum that was "respectable" I would ask that someone associated with the product in question would provide input. Not only to protect the company but also customers. Again this thread claims there was a failure of a recovery point which is a safety concern. All politics aside this is a subject that should not be subjected to bias of any grounds. Just here to help. Thank you for your response. I will update my understanding of your rules.

Top Bottom