Motor options

jkjurny

I love the Hemi swap that I had done. I had issues with the shop that did it but that wasnt actually related to the engine swap itself. If I had to rate how well the engine has preformed over the last 9 months since I got it back I would say a 9 on a 10 scale.
The $ involved is the only reason its not a 10. The power is insane I got the 6.4 hemi with just over 500 HP. I realize now its way overkill ( but I wouldnt change it if I could).

0 overheating issues.

Sent from my SCH-I605

If you don't mind me asking, what was the cost of the swap and how long did it take?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Magnuson now has their supercharger out for the 3.6. There are a few people starting to post on their installation of it, but I'm waiting for more feedback on reliability and how good the tune is before I make a final decision. From the Dyno charts that I've seen, the Magnuson supercharger on the 3.6 with 6 lbs of boost provides about the same torque as the gen V direct injected 5.3 EcoTec3 motor, but with more hp.

I was leaning towards an LS swap, but I don't know if I want to go through the headaches that Moby had. I can't drive from Texas to Las Vegas if I have a problem with it. Now that my wife has her own Jeep, my V8 swap budget was drained for her Jeep mods. The supercharger is looking like the more reasonable and affordable option for me now.

In all fairness, what Motech offers now is way more complete than it was when we started our swap and I wouldn't hesitate to go that route. If you can afford to have it installed by Motech, that would be your best bet. Since the last time we had them give things a look, we've easily put on about 4,000 miles and haven't had any issues. The temp needle stays dead center even on long steep grades, no stupid fan going all the time and AC works great - simply put, Moby is a joy to drive and in my opinion, there simply is NO comparison to a supercharged JK.

suicideking

I love the Hemi swap that I had done. I had issues with the shop that did it but that wasnt actually related to the engine swap itself. If I had to rate how well the engine has preformed over the last 9 months since I got it back I would say a 9 on a 10 scale.
The $ involved is the only reason its not a 10. The power is insane I got the 6.4 hemi with just over 500 HP. I realize now its way overkill ( but I wouldnt change it if I could).

0 overheating issues.

Sent from my SCH-I605

Good to hear it's working out for you with little problems. I'll put it back on my 'if I win the lottery' list. :beer:

I would like to hear from people that have done it, if they would do it again or not.

JayKay

Caught the Bug
In all fairness, what Motech offers now is way more complete than it was when we started our swap and I wouldn't hesitate to go that route. If you can afford to have it installed by Motech, that would be your best bet. Since the last time we had them give things a look, we've easily put on about 4,000 miles and haven't had any issues. The temp needle stays dead center even on long steep grades, no stupid fan going all the time and AC works great - simply put, Moby is a joy to drive and in my opinion, there simply is NO comparison to a supercharged JK.

If I had the 3.8, I'd probably end up doing an LS swap sooner or later, but with the power of the 3.6 there's no reason to get rid of it especially after regearing.

Top Bottom