MPG help

AC1977

My 08 Rubi 2 dr with 3" of lift and 35's gets about 13.5 average if I'm lucky. My father in law asked what kind of mileage I get, and I told him I can usually make it from one gas station to the next.

My 08 Rubi 2 dr with 3" of lift and 35's gets about 13.5 average if I'm lucky. My father in law asked what kind of mileage I get, and I told him I can usually make it from one gas station to the next.

I got close to 21 MPG on a recent trip thru the Sacramento valley. '13 sport, 33" Goodyear A/T tires and 3.5" lift; average speed 55 mph.

AC1977

I got close to 21 MPG on a recent trip thru the Sacramento valley. '13 sport, 33" Goodyear A/T tires and 3.5" lift; average speed 55 mph.

I haven't really checked on the highway, I'm driving down to Wilmington NC in a few weeks, I'll see what I get. I can say for sure it won't be anywhere close to 21 mpg.

Bigjimbo

I have a mixed commute of city and highway with an average of 16-17mpg on 37's with 4.88s pre and post-Ripp SC. If I can keep it at 60-65 on the highway and nurse it appropriately 19 is achievable (Ripp only). Going over 65 and it tanks as someone else mentioned. My first trip in it to Florida (from NoVA) I averaged 75ish and I got around 14mpg. The trip back 65-70 I got about 16mpg.

t2pto

I have a 2015 JK overland 2.8 crd. It still does drink. Always fill it up when it goes half tank, at least not to heavy on the wallet. Like what the other guys said, it's a life style. Planning to get a 6 cylinders one of this days, I know it's a guzzler. It's a JEEP, man. Enjoy it.

jeep670

To help convince the wife that we needed to upgrade from the WJ V8 to a JKUR I told her we'd save money on gas....how wrong I was. Pretty sure it uses more but I try not too look
I jave both, a WJ V8 and a JKUR. I never expected them to be easy on gas. But I get better mileage with the WJ.

WJCO

Meme King
I jave both, a WJ V8 and a JKUR. I never expected them to be easy on gas. But I get better mileage with the WJ.

My V8 stock got around 19-20. Now with tires, and all the added weight, prob 15ish most of the time. Still no regrets, though.

SoupierPuppy

Most of what will make a difference is driving habits. When I do long trips I leave the Jeep on cruise control in 6th gear (I have a manual trans) and I can squeeze a little over 20 out of it. I am usually able to average almost 17 while driving through LA traffic! If you want to get the most out of it play nice while you are daily driving it and save the poor gas milage and lead foot for play time. As everyone else says don't worry about mpg it's a flying brick. (pic attached for reference)

Attachments

• 1459273485469.jpg
    1459273485469.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 62

JoeB-JKURX

Before and After

JKUR

Before Lift and Tires - 19+ on the highway (75 mph) and 16+ in town (normal driving)

After Lift (3.5") and Tires (35s) - 13 at 85, 15 at 75, 16 at 70 (on the highway), 15 in town (normal driving), 16 in town (granny driving)

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I don't so much mind the poor fuel economy, after all it is a Jeep. Sometimes though the lack of decent range sucks. In my old '08 JKU Rubi on 37s, there were times on long highway drives it would barely clear 270 miles per tank, and that was running to just after the low fuel light went on.

Top Bottom