My arm hurts from waving today...

groovebus

I usually only get waves back from older modified Wranglers. I did find out the best way to get a wave back is to have my daughters in the back initiate the wave. I point them out, then they get the wave.

wideawaik

I never get waves back...people in NYC are asshats lol once in a while I will get a modified jeep wave back but most people that mod their jeeps here do it for looks and never take them offroad...waste of a great vehicle

Atch

I pass the same 3 jeeps every morning on my way home from work. At first only one waved back :naw: but I got all 3 of them waving now!:rock:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I pass the same 3 jeeps every morning on my way home from work. At first only one waved back :naw: but I got all 3 of them waving now!:rock:

im in the same boat. i pass the same 4 jeeps every morning and afternoon, only i wave. im hoping they take a hint and start doing it back :D

TonkaJK1031

I owned my jeep for 4 months before I learned about the wave. And I've noticed that lifted and modded jeep almost always wave. Also most Jk's wave back. It's the non modded older jeep I don't get much from.

jelliott076

This is always a hit and miss in San Diego. I try to wave when I can, but if there's no eye contact what's the point? The 'soccer mom' Jeep owners are almost guaranteed to give a strange WTF look when you wave.

crowrb29

I get a butt ton more waves when I have my doors off. Weird.

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

SquareLJ

I wave at Jeeps I like. Unless the other person waves first. Orange County is about 50/50. Modded/Stock, CJ/TJ/LJ/JK's all depends on the person driving really. I do get a lot of compliments though. People driving next to me, people at gas stations, people in the drive through windows. lol

Conquest jeep

When I had my first jeep in 2006( I had a 2004) everyone waived didnt matter what year modds or no mods. Now I'm in a 2008 jk and its honestly a very sad 20% of people who wave. I have gotten a lot of compliments from none and former jeep owners though so that's a plus.

Ldogg

I see 25-30 on my way home at times, and I wave at almost all of them. Being in Colorado you would assume people would know....... Well they don't. I get maybe 10 waves back, mainly modded jk's and tj's. what's sad is all the blank looks or who the hell are you looks you get. You own a jeep, it's a jeep thing, get with the program.... :) I also love the looks from those people when I have the doors off. I just look back and think, you know yours are made to come off too.... :D

mrjester

After waiving countless times, got my first wave back yesterday from a Project-JK marked, crush orange, 4 door that was passing through Tonopah, whoever you are..you rock :D

JK'AJUN

There's the same 5 Jeeps I pass by everyday, and I wave to them every single time for the last 2 months. No waves back yet from them. You think they would have gotten the hint by now. But the other day another Jeep was thrown into the mix that was heavily modded. He started waving like crazy before I could.

Benito

Caught the Bug
Back home (El Paso TX/Las Cruces NM) stock JKs wave back no problem, modified JKs will do it before I wave. Come to west Texas only soccer moms drive keeps apparently, I wave before seeing who they are and I never get waved back. It's dissapointing

Last edited:

fjatl

I always wave...and smile whether they wave back or not. I'm in a Jeep dammit, I don't need them to acknowledge it for me to be happy about it!! :rock:

Chairokey

I hate the philosophy of not waving unless they wave first.. The way I see it, if you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the problem. I just wave at the jeep rather than the jeeper :p never disappointed

seanb123

Am I wrong for cursing at jeeps that don't wave back??? Usually involve the word soccer mom and some other profanity

Carpe Diem

I try to wave, but sometimes the situation demands that I keep both my hands on the wheel. There are a lot of really crappy drivers out there!

Top Bottom