My arm hurts from waving today...

GuillaumeC91

Over here in Ottawa, Canada I seem to get the occasional person that doesn't wave back, but most of the time even soccer moms driving stock Jeeps will wave back. Mainly JKs though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rebel JK

We see plenty of soccer/yuppie jeeps around here that are like WTF when we throw them a wave. But better that then being a perceived jeep snob and not wavin. Back in the old days driving the old cj5, most of the jeeps seemed to get it.
I think the true off road crowd who would help their fellow crew gets it. What comes around goes around.

Blknblujeep

Ny here. I wave when ever I can. Granted New York has some of the best and worst drivers... Always get waves from mod jeep! Once and a while I get it from the stock jk's. I've noticed it's mostly the soccer moms rather then soccer dads that wave. Doors off always gets the wAve!

KennyFrench

I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't get waves back. I was beginning to think I was doing it wrong.

I bought my first Jeep in 1998 - and brand new, fully stock Wrangler SE (base model with 2.5L 4 cylinder). I waved at every Jeep I saw and got waves back from about 95% of them. Now, I'm driving a fully stock 2013 Wrangler Sport. I wave at every Jeep I see and only get waves back from maybe 75%. Three types that usually do not wave back are women, Sahara's, and hardtops (or any combination of the three).

But, I got into the habit of waving at people in/on similar vehicles when I drove a Bug and when I rode a motorcycle (Granted, I was riding a Honda and never got waves back from Harley riders). Those can be considered "wayalife" vehicles as well. You see a vintage Bug (or any other vintage VeeDub) on the side of the road, you pull over and see if they need help. Same goes for a motorcycle. I currently do not own a VW or motorcycle, but I would still pull over and render assistance. And, I'd do the same thing for someone in a Jeep.

Jeep du Boy

Lots of waves today, doors off, top down, nice day in Gawja. Had to run to the mall with the wife and ankle biter, walking back out to the jeep, a kids was getting in his SUV with Mom and. dad and he said that, is cool jeep. I said thank you and he looked up surprised to see me. I love my jeep.

'11 Mango Tango Unlimited.
American by Birth, Veteran so my family lives free.

NHarris

Don't know what it is about Utah here, whether people aren't paying attention or what, but I hardly ever get waves from JK owners. I get waves 90% of the time from YJ owners, and about 80% from TJ owners but its almost 50/50 when it comes to JKs. Still won't stop me from waving; just feel a little awkward after getting no wave back.

AlamedaJeep

A few weeks ago I had someone wave at me. I am a new jeep owner. I had no idea wtf they were waving at so I did not wave back. Now I wave at everyone in a jeep.

KennyFrench

This is how I feel on most days.

I was on the highway the other day and I noticed someone in a JKUS trying to get over into the lane I'm in due to a stalled vehicle in his lane. So, I slowed, flashed my lights, and waved him over. Once he was in front of me, I gave him a Jeep wave. Not only did the bastard not wave back, but he didn't even give me a "thank you" wave for letting him over.

Top Bottom